• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Dot point help (1 Viewer)

BigBear_25

HSC
Does anyone have any info on the dot point
  • the role of religious traditions in the labour movement, conscription, wars and the Great Depression
I got tonnes of info and Christianity but not on any other the other religious traditions.

I think its kinda stupid asking for the responses of Judaism, Islam, Buddhism or Hinduism when they were all very minor populations during these times and wouldn't bother voicing their opinions anyway unless its the War on Terrorism.

Well can someone plz help.

Ps: Studies od Religion is pretty cool except for this dot point​

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
depends when you date it.

Dont forget the topic is called "from 1901 to present" .: the labour movement is not just about the establishment of the union movement way back when. Think about Industrial Reforms today...there has been a lot of speaking out against it from most sides

Also, wars refers to more than one so again, you will get lots of info for other religions (eg Judaism very active in the promotion of peace and speaking out against 'war')

Try to avoid the narrow assumption of War= terrorism in the modern era.
Think Korea, Vietnam, WWI and WWII and you will get your responses...
plus making the assumption of "and wouldn't bother voicing their opinions anyway" is narrow minded and rather wrong and is doing these religions a great disservice. They were and are very active in speaking out against war

Depression is really the only one that is mainly Christian (due to the time frame) though there are many eg's of the "minor" religions like Judaism doing work in their communities eg giving over of resources like halls etc for food distribution etc.

Try the bos resources section and the bos wiki

JMFH

HSC
N/A
research a lad named Archbishop Daniel Patrick Mannix will help with conscription in relation to religious traditions, that will help with pre - 50's, minority religions would have been oppressed due to majority, shame etc of not being patriotic ;). and for the present you can go into since around 1970's church leaders have been against it.
pretty simple man
good luck

erica198

HSC
for this dot do we need to know about more then one religious tradition. I know in the syllabus it says "religious traditions" however my teacher believes that knowing about one is fine.

if this is not the case does anyone have any information about isalm for these areas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)