• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Dropped to General (1 Viewer)

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
easily One Of The Smartest Things I've Done...

I Love General Now I Feel More Confident And Happy In My Work, And Know I Can Acheive A High Mark, And Be Proud Of It.

EDIT:

Forgot to ask, has any one else done this

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Dropping out of the course is not something to be proud of. But good luck.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
i'm proud to know when i was beat, i couldn't/could do it had breakdowns in test. And i am porud of myself for making such an important decision. I don't need 2U/ Adv. maths, so i'm happy. And goo dluck to you in your p coming hsc exams

EDIT: my main problem was i could do it well in class, exams can't tried everything but couldn't do it general i know i can cause i have the formula sheet to jog my memory *this is what happened last time* so i'm very happy and i am not alone

Last edited:

ital101

HSC
Drop Maths all together, mio amico! :D

I love life without algebraic modelling and linear equations - ick - and I bet you would too! Cheers, ciao!

Allora, 14 units is A LOT of units in Yr 12. Might want to do something about that. :D

osamaelias

HSC
N/A
Honestly i dont mean to pop your bubble , but youd have to be one idiot to repeat year 11 and 12 again. Waste of life. And now your happy because youve dropped a course youve previously finished? Wow.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
osamaelias said:
Honestly i dont mean to pop your bubble , but youd have to be one idiot to repeat year 11 and 12 again. Waste of life. And now your happy because youve dropped a course youve previously finished? Wow.
my life not yours anf frankly i don't care what you think

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
Without Wings said:
They swapped courses, based on what they felt was right for them. Why shouldn't they be proud of this? If they are happy in the course and feel it was the right decision for them to swap then I don't see any problem.

Remember, people have different goals and interests - everyone should be proud of their own achievements for what they are. Whether it is making the decision to take up an extension subject or making the decision to swap to general maths it doesn't matter as long as it is what the person wants and is line with their own goals.

Good luck marcquelle :)
THANK YOU

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
No offense, but you feel you just had to share this moment with us because?
I'm happy for you, I really am - the point of this thread....beats me, to be honest.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aerath said:
No offense, but you feel you just had to share this moment with us because?
I'm happy for you, I really am - the point of this thread....beats me, to be honest.
Yeah, that's my argument too. There was no need for him to share this great moment of dropping from Mathematics to General Mathematics. But as long as he is happy...

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
lyounamu said:
Yeah, that's my argument too. There was no need for him to share this great moment of dropping from Mathematics to General Mathematics. But as long as he is happy...
I agree. As a strong supporter of mathematics... I personally wouldn't drop to general, nor would I advise anyone to drop to General - however he seems happy with this decision, and I support his decision and again - wish him the best of luck for his HSC.

L

lsam

marcquelle said:
easily One Of The Smartest Things I've Done...

I Love General Now I Feel More Confident And Happy In My Work, And Know I Can Acheive A High Mark, And Be Proud Of It.
Congratulation on your dropping, I guess maths wasn't your subject. I dropped from Advanced to Standard too. English isn't my subject.

Last edited by a moderator:

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
I dropped down from 3unit actually, haha. it was crazy how much basic shit, thats honestly pretty easy, you miss.

I dropped predominantly because I wanted to take up another 2 extensions and I was going to have too many units and Advanced was just not my thing. I kept up, but it took alot of my time to do so. With as many hsc mws i was going to have, wasn't worth it.

HSC
lsam said:
Congratulation on your dropping, I guess maths wasn't your subject. I dropped from Advanced to Standard too. English isn't my subject. But dropping from maths to general is an epic fail.
nah. general maths has much easier content (which is why i basically only tutor a friend as my study for it) but has weird ways of displaying it so people get caught out.

its my bludge subject. i like it, it allows me to chill out and watch movies.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
I didn't want to drop Maths, because then I would of had 11 units and that would have been kinda gay. I also didn't drop maths entirely because I like Math, and general requires less than half the effort 3u did.

lionking1191

HSC
lyounamu said:
i think the issue is not with what you think he should have done but rather what he thought he wanted to do.

if you don't like it, ignore it.

LAMBERS16

HSC
I do extension/advanced, and in my advanced class there are so many shit people who should have dropped down. There are ppl who used to do advanced that dropped and that have abilities incomparible to advanced "smarter" ppl. Sorry, but it's so stupid for ppl to make the generalisation that just because someone does an advanced subject, that they are smarter than someone doing the standard or general level. Also, with sciences like chem and physics - plenty of ppl getting C's and D's, even E's in some schools. Does that make them smart..? The fact that they do a course considered to be more brainy??

Whatever course you do, no matter if its a "bludge" or "brainy" subject, it still requires effort to get a band 5 or band 6 result.

HSC
holy crap guys, give him a break.

Thats cool marcquelle! General is awesome.

Half of my class is made up of ex 2unit people and many other people in my grade have dropped down too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)