• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Dropping to 10 units (1 Viewer)

answermydream

HSC
I'm dropping to 10 units because I hate my 12th unit and know it will drag me down and definitely be the one that isn't counted in my ATAR.
Anyone else who dropped to 10 units or is going to, what are your thoughts and why are you doing/did you do it?

Coookies

HSC
I dropped ext 1 maths because its a lot more work for just one unit and I know I can improve 2u if I don't have to worry about 3u. Plus more time for my other subjects

jnney

lemon
HSC
i dropped physics around 4 week of term 4 to stress less, and be able to put in more focus for each subject. it's been working so far. :)

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm dropping Modern History when I return to school because it's just one of those subjects that no matter how much I try - I don't do well.

inJust

HSC
I wanted to drop extension 1 english but I need it for extension 2. Sigh* I currently do 4Units of english, Modern, Eco, legal, ext hist and studies of religion 1u. I just want to do 11 units but stupid ext 2 requires ext 1.

Bobbo1

HSC
I'm dropping to 10 units because I hate my 12th unit and know it will drag me down and definitely be the one that isn't counted in my ATAR.
Anyone else who dropped to 10 units or is going to, what are your thoughts and why are you doing/did you do it?
If you dead certain that it won't count toward your ATAR then drop it now but if you are still unsure and dropping it because you don't like it then keep it.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I dropped to 10 units just before the HSC exams started. To be honest, I felt I could focus better on just 10 units, and because my internal marks had already been decent for my 10Us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)