• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

E12 Scholarship (1 Viewer)

HSC
Just wanting opinions.

I have applied for the E12 scholarship at USYD. I have to write a few hundred words by tonight if I am to apply for it (personal statementy stuff). Also I have to harrass my principal tomorrow to write a recommendation for me...

TBH I'm not actually that disadvantaged...initially it was a gimmicky thing since they gave an iPad (lol). I don't think I will be considered for the 150 places they have - and I personally think it should go to someone in a worse socio-economic circumstance than I am.

Since I'm not on the disadvantaged schools list I have to fill out a UAC application, which is tedious (though I have the documentation)...

Thoughts?

Thanks.

ickymikkie

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Im in the same situation as you, except I was more so leaning for the security of a place in a course i needed, so i could use it as a transfer platform really :)

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
Im in the same situation as you, except I was more so leaning for the security of a place in a course i needed, so i could use it as a transfer platform really :)
Yeah a couple of my friends got this 'scholarship', but I've always seen it as placement guarantee, got told by them that you get other benefits but didnt specify

ickymikkie

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Yeah a couple of my friends got this 'scholarship', but I've always seen it as placement guarantee, got told by them that you get other benefits but didnt specify
Yeah you get $5000 , an iPad and some assistance with the transition into uni :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)