• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Early offers? (1 Viewer)

thrillkiller

HSC
I got an Early January Offer, do i need to accept it or can i change my preferences for the Main Round and see if i get another offer and then choose which offer to accept

stevey6404

HSC
It's always safer to accept the offer because that will guarantee you an entry to that course, and then you MUST change your preferences for main round in order get another one.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
It's always safer to accept the offer because that will guarantee you an entry to that course, and then you MUST change your preferences for main round in order get another one.
Not necessarily. If the Early January offer wasn't the first preference, then nothing needs to be changed.

I feel like I'm missing something though? Are all Early January offers limited to first preferences?

thrillkiller

HSC
yeah it was my first preference that i got the offer for but ive changed them for the main round

MadGold777

HSC
im doing same this as you, thrillkiller.

Last edited:

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
yeah it was my first preference that i got the offer for but ive changed them for the main round
Hmmm I got one as well, but I don't want to risk my 1st preference. Why would you want to change any ways? You'll just be making it harder for yourself to choose later on. If you got your 1st pref, you should be happy, go have fun.

and can unis see or know that you didn't put your 1st pref - early offer course as a 1st pref main round? curious.

Last edited:

thrillkiller

HSC
What did you decide on?
I'm gonna accept my early round offer but i put another course as my new first preference to see if i'll get offered there in main round. The reason why I changed it is coz i changed my mind about which uni i wanna go to and i really hope the uni cant see that i changed my preference lol awkward

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
I'm gonna accept my early round offer but i put another course as my new first preference to see if i'll get offered there in main round. The reason why I changed it is coz i changed my mind about which uni i wanna go to and i really hope the uni cant see that i changed my preference lol awkward
ahaha yeah awkward, which unis are you considering if you don't mind me asking?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)