• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

eco (1 Viewer)

gunat61

HSC
since i'm running out of time .. do you think it's okay if i just not look at the tim riley book and just study from leading edge? i've covered most content but the riley textbook goes tooo detailed sometimes .. and is confusing.

NubMuncher

HSC
since i'm running out of time .. do you think it's okay if i just not look at the tim riley book and just study from leading edge? i've covered most content but the riley textbook goes tooo detailed sometimes .. and is confusing.
Both textbooks go into alot of detail so you're gonna have the same problem but yes if that will help you :)

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Tim riley = toooooo many statistics.

Lol.. i suggest yes go read leadering edge atm not much time left.

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
yeah if you're running out of time def read dixon, concepts are more clearly set out/easy to understand

gunat61

HSC
thanks guys. do you feel that the workbook covers all the necessary parts of each topic? or should i go further .. besides pastpapers

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
thanks guys. do you feel that the workbook covers all the necessary parts of each topic? or should i go further .. besides pastpapers
Pretty much everything. Do your own research for stats/context.

I just read through (didn't even bother memorising) dixon before trials (the whole thing) since I was running out of time as well, managed to rank 2. Just make sure you understand everything as you read it.

Oh, practice essay plans by yourself since they link across topics, unlike the textbook which is mostly set topic-by-topic.

SXCBEAST

HSC
look at all past essay questions and make plans for them including stats + current examples. that will also help you learn everything else incl. short answers

gunat61

HSC
thanks. also, does quantity matter in eco? i know the teachers in our school give even 3 page essays full marks.. is this the same case in HSC?

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
thanks. also, does quantity matter in eco? i know the teachers in our school give even 3 page essays full marks.. is this the same case in HSC?
Not enough unless it's tiny writing.

Quantity matters in the sense that you need to cover a substantial amount of theory + context. It's like english, how often would you get a 20/20 for a 3 page response (assuming average handwriting)? Board of Studies expects ~800 words/6 pages. You can get full marks on 800 but the more quality quantity, the better (just like in English, expected is also 800, but most write ~900-1100)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)