• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

ECON1001 tutorials (3 Viewers)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
that took you so long to type. we've been monitoring your progress.
now post a pic.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Was this one of the responses? perhaps there were more accurate responses then that, as this isn't always the case (think video game console launches).
Although using supply=demand price theories, the statement is correct, I'm sure there were more accurate responses and in multiple choice quizes always select the MOST accurate answer.

SSaint

shoconomics
HSC
latvia said:
I don't think it always causes changes in the equilibrium price though. It's possible that the price doesn't change after shifts in S/D curves
what makes you think that?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
latvia said:
Thx. The answer was: Changes in demand and supply cause changes in the equilibrium price.

I don't think it always causes changes in the equilibrium price though. It's possible that the price doesn't change after shifts in S/D curves
The point is you have to select the MOST correct answer.
Also, it would be logical for you to post the actual question. I would assume it has something to do with supply/demand rational economic theory:

Changes in demand and supply cause changes in the equilibrium price - this would almost be a textbook definition of the theory

"When the quantity demanded exceeds supply, the market price will rise."
Is only a partial answer. The above answer refers to both what happens when demand exceeds supply or supply exceeds demand, thus is more correct.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Quantity: number
Demanded: wanted
Exceeds: higher
Supply: items
Price: money
Rise: go up

stazi

Nightman
HSC
whilst the first statement is correct, the second is MORE correct, again! It explains what happens in all conditions rather than what happens in just one. An equilibrium price is maintained whether the changes are in demand or changes are in supply, thus it is more correct than simply discussing that the price will rise with demand.

I say this not having done any economics.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
You don't have to do any mainstream economics (like econ 1001 or econ 1002) in ec (soc sci)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
It's not economics (social science)
It's EconoMIC and social sciences.
i.e. economic sciences, not economics.

bcemogy

Hey if your having trouble I can post some of the info from my PASS session on for you.
Also not sure if it was u who asked i was just skimming but your welcome to crash my micro tute wed at 4. Or talk to my tutor if you cant understand yours. Let me know if you want the details.
But if your anything like me you should just force yourself to actually look in your book once a month atleast. Its pretty straightforward.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
latvia said:
Hi, thanks so much for offering help.
I was just asking a question from an online quiz and it still confuses me. There r actually 2 questions coming out from it. Good suggestion, it should be a good idea to ask my tutor about it.

Welcome to BoS :)
ummmm that person has been a member for two years longer than you.

bcemogy

latvia said:
Hi, thanks so much for offering help.
I was just asking a question from an online quiz and it still confuses me. There r actually 2 questions coming out from it. Good suggestion, it should be a good idea to ask my tutor about it.

Welcome to BoS :)
Let me know what you need help with... I dont really sleep a lot and the only way i learn anything is basically teaching it to other people.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
untame_tiger said:
Let me know what you need help with... I dont really sleep a lot and the only way i learn anything is basically teaching it to other people.
She doesn't sleep much either. And I wish to sleep with you :eek:

bcemogy

stazi said:
She doesn't sleep much either. And I wish to sleep with you :eek:

Thats just great... I've been holding out for a deep and meaningful relationship with a computer screen. After all who needs real sexual chemistry when you can just cyber.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
because i'm trying to cyber you *inserts level 8 penis*

bcemogy

lol alright then. I'm very aroused. this is definitely better than the real thing :p

stazi

Nightman
HSC
untame_tiger said:
lol alright then. I'm very aroused. this is definitely better than the real thing :p
umm....wtf? no its not. you're obviously a virgin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)