• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

ECON1203 Project (1 Viewer)

sammy767676

HSC
can someone please help, I dont know exactly how to write a statistical report or what to do?!

ct92

HSC
Start by doing the key characteristics (mean, variance, that kind of thing) and see if anything stands out.

Also, try to think of it in the context of the task. It helps it to stop being about numbers and start being about people, and helps you know what's important.

sammy767676

HSC
Start by doing the key characteristics (mean, variance, that kind of thing) and see if anything stands out.

Also, try to think of it in the context of the task. It helps it to stop being about numbers and start being about people, and helps you know what's important.
Do you know what project I am referring to? Are you in econ1203? I need to know how exactly i am meant to do the hypothesis testing for each point.

ct92

HSC
Yes, I did that report this week. It wouldn't be helpful to tell you exactly how to do it, but there are examples of hypothesis testing in the lecture notes and the textbook, and online. You should be able to find something comparable and manipulate it to suit your purposes. That's what the project is assessing.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
I presume 1203 is qmb..? I attached a copy of my 2009 assessment..might give you some idea on what to do.
I got a low credit for this assessment, so don't be too reliant on it.

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
I presume 1203 is qmb..? I attached a copy of my 2009 assessment..might give you some idea on what to do.
You're way too nice man.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Laugh if lecturer finds this thread

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
I was reluctant to post after reading the OP's 2nd post...but o well no harm done. My mark was shit and they get entirely different question anyway :p. But yeh..to op, you will have to at least try doing it yourself.

Last edited:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
I was reluctant to post after reading the OP's 2nd post...but o well no harm done. My mark was shit and they get entirely different question anyway :p. But yeh..to op, you will have to at least try doing it yourself.
That was my real problem in the first place, I don't mind helping others and doing what you did as long as they show me themselves some kind of effort instead of a 'how do i do this' right off the bat.

People like that should gtfo.

sammy767676

HSC
That was my real problem in the first place, I don't mind helping others and doing what you did as long as they show me themselves some kind of effort instead of a 'how do i do this' right off the bat.

People like that should gtfo.
I didnt exactly mean it like that, I wrote that in a moment of panic this morning. I have a solid basis, and ive worked out the means, variances and I think the correct hypothesis'. I'm just still kinda unsure if ive presented it right and if ive included everything i needed to.

Like for instance I know you have to work out the null hypothesis and the alternative hypothesis to determine if 80% of customers are satisfied. Im not sure if ive done the second part right though, where you have to work out if any employees are taking too much time, and im not sure what exactly is needed to include, like if i should include large parts of the data table or not. Im not tryin to cheat here buddy.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
I didnt exactly mean it like that, I wrote that in a moment of panic this morning. I have a solid basis, and ive worked out the means, variances and I think the correct hypothesis'. I'm just still kinda unsure if ive presented it right and if ive included everything i needed to.

Like for instance I know you have to work out the null hypothesis and the alternative hypothesis to determine if 80% of customers are satisfied. Im not sure if ive done the second part right though, where you have to work out if any employees are taking too much time, and im not sure what exactly is needed to include, like if i should include large parts of the data table or not. Im not tryin to cheat here buddy.
Pretty much this post would've deemed you immune to me catching you out.

I apologise but with the amount of stupid students I encounter (especially in engineering believe it or not...), I have a burning hate for people who don't attempt questions (or assignments...) before asking for answers.

sammy767676

HSC
As I jst replied to the other dude, im not tryin to cheat here ive already done the majority of the work. I just need to clarify a few things. Like were you sposed to include an intro aswell as an executive summary? And are your graphs here right? Can you post data tables instead of bar graphs or a pie charts?

Last edited:

sammy767676

HSC
Yes, I did that report this week. It wouldn't be helpful to tell you exactly how to do it, but there are examples of hypothesis testing in the lecture notes and the textbook, and online. You should be able to find something comparable and manipulate it to suit your purposes. That's what the project is assessing.
Along with the other Qs i jst posted maybe you can help me out with this as I assume you had the same Q. For the employees time records, youre meant to work out the mean for each employee for each difficulty right? So like the mean of employee 1, 2, 3, 4 in job difficulty 1, and then so on for all the job difficulties? Then you work out the hypothesis? How is the job experience relevant?

Last edited:

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
from memory executive summary should be 'succint', you may interpret that as not needing an intro...my graph should be correct as far as i remember, there's no 'trick' in making the graphs. you just paste the data and follow step by step from the excel guide they provide.

ct92

HSC
How is the job experience relevant?
It might not necessarily be relevant. Part of the analysis is working out what needs to be included, and how. As it says in the project outline, there's no single way to approach it, so some pieces of data may be useful to others but not to you, and vice versa.

The experience might be useful if you were using some kind of regression to explain the differences in efficiency, but the CEO's memo only asks whether there are differences. Besides, the project only assesses to the week before regression.

sammy767676

HSC
It might not necessarily be relevant. Part of the analysis is working out what needs to be included, and how. As it says in the project outline, there's no single way to approach it, so some pieces of data may be useful to others but not to you, and vice versa.

The experience might be useful if you were using some kind of regression to explain the differences in efficiency, but the CEO's memo only asks whether there are differences. Besides, the project only assesses to the week before regression.
Cheers, ill keep that in mind. But...Why are you only answering that bit :(

ct92

HSC
Cheers, ill keep that in mind. But...Why are you only answering that bit :(
I meant to answer the rest by saying that there are infinite ways to approach the question. If what you've written makes sense to you and produces legitimate results, then it works.

For the first part, myself, I set criteria (sort of like multiple tests) and the employees would only be efficient if they passed all of them. For the second part, I worked out how many of the respondents said they were satisfied, and compared that to the 80% target. I think, though, that I may have focused on the 'business' part more than the 'statistical' part, and didn't do anything too fancy. That could be a downfall.

sammy767676

HSC
I meant to answer the rest by saying that there are infinite ways to approach the question. If what you've written makes sense to you and produces legitimate results, then it works.

For the first part, myself, I set criteria (sort of like multiple tests) and the employees would only be efficient if they passed all of them. For the second part, I worked out how many of the respondents said they were satisfied, and compared that to the 80% target. I think, though, that I may have focused on the 'business' part more than the 'statistical' part, and didn't do anything too fancy. That could be a downfall.
Maybe Im confused, but thats the only way I saw how to do it. You seem to be sneakily telling me im wrong, just help me out and tell me if im on the right path or not? Im not even sure exactly what your hypothesis should be for that bit. Any allieaviatiion of my confusion in that bit would be much appreciated. For the 80% thing the way I saw it was you simply take the mean of all customer satisfaction numbers. Then you work out the rejection criteria and see if you reject the null hypothesis or not. Or do you just flat out reject it cos its not 80%?????????? Theres not a million ways to do taht cmon.

sammy767676

HSC

Comon! Help a brother out!:chainsaw:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)