• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Economics Newsletter (1 Viewer)

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
Hey,

I'm referring to Leading Edge Monthly Economics Newsletters.
I want to order a yearly subscription for year 12 but don't know whether or not its any good. Does anyone recommend it? Also, I heard someone say that economic students shoudl be reading all Ross Gittin's articles but are there any other articles that I should be keeping an eye out for?

Thanks!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Yeah, they're pretty good because it summarises the topics well but with a little effort, you could garner the same result from the SMH (gittens and co), and save a bunch of money. It's just that the SMH requires a little more diligence to file and analyse the articles yourself. IMO, I'd go the SMH angle rather than Leading Edge although we get random Leading Edge articles, just not the whole subscription.

Rorix

HSC
i know many upper band 6 economics students who would never read a gittens article <_<

skypryn

sexual robot
HSC
N/A
do Gittins on sat, not other days. do leading edge undoubtedly if you can afforc it. it's awesome

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I dont necessarily read Gittens for the economic theory (use his books for that :D although they're abit out of date LOL), I read it for entertainment value. Yes, I find entertainment value in an economics writer :rolleyes: lol

hatty

Banned
leading edge articles are really good. i reccomend

ross gittins is OK, sometimes he fucks around and talks about shit that you wont be using in ur HSC.

skypryn

sexual robot
HSC
N/A
as sarah said, read gittins for interest, it will build your knowledge of verbs

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
Thanks so much. All the advice was really helpful.
@ without wings: Yeah, I asked my teacher about the newsletters and apparantely our school does subscribe to it but whenever I ask the teachers and librarian about it, they say that they haven't heard about it.

Anyway thanks again for all your great advice.

Demandred

HSC
In order to get band 6s, you need relate what your know in theory to the current context, those newsletters are invaluable for doing this. It's worth it if your aiming for band 6s.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
It might be but considering the costs for the subscription there are other avenues.

coroneos

Sarah168 said:
read newpapers. read gittens. coroneos is shithouse.
lol suits ureself....

u go waste ure time reading newspapers and shit... i am speaking from experience mate... it is useless!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
oooooooo experience? tell me more! I've never read a newspaper in my life! :rolleyes:

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
I'm not sure about gittens articles but the leading edge newsletters are extremely useful. They give u a hand for ur essays especially because of the current stats and info

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)