• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Ed Wood: When It Came To Making The Worst Movies Of All Time... (1 Viewer)

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
When It Came To Making The Worst Movies Of All Time...

He was the best..

Ed Wood.. The film, not the director (Although it's about the director, as you know.)

What do you think of it?

I think it's great personally, as while having hilarious moments, (Such as We don't have a permit..RUN! or They want Charlton Heston to play a Mexican), it's a generally sympathetic portrayal. It's happy how even though he made those utterly horrible movies, at least he was artistically satisified...

But most importantly of all.. [Pull the strings!

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by spleen
i have no idea what you are talking about
As crazy as it may sound, I am making sense. Ed Wood is a 1994 bio-pic of the 'Worst Director Ever', Edward D. Wood Jr, directed by Tim Burton. I recommend it highly..

The title of this thread is just the movie's tagline. :)

guy

HSC
ohh tim burton *ponders hiring*
is it anything like the flinstones?
that was a great movie.

sorry

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by guy
ohh tim burton *ponders hiring*
is it anything like the flinstones?
that was a great movie.

sorry
Don't be..But Ed Wood is quite different to The Flintstones, as theres a serious undertone to the humour, and some of it is quite clever. ;) (Not that The Flintstones isn't..)

FlibbertyJibbet

HSC
Ed Wood

Has anyone here seen Ed Wood??? If you haven't oyu don't know what you're missing. It's in b&w so that might put some of you off but it's really good.

Imagine this: the true story of a struggling director who also writes, produces and acts in his films, but also has to come to terms with the fact that he is a transvestite!!!!

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Probably the least popularly praised work of Johnny Depp, but also among his very best. Ed Wood is a very good film, and it's a bit disappointing that most of my Johnny Depp fan friends (they're not a group, it's just coincidence) don't like it because of its rather out of left field characters and for the cinematography, which I liked myself.

FlibbertyJibbet

HSC
They sound like the kind of people that are more interested in how cute an actor is instead of how talented he or she is.

They probably have difficulty grasping the concept of directors like Tim Burton.

Have you seen Plan 9??? So funny. I bought it and Glen Or Glenda but haven't watched G or G yet but will soon.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
I haven't.. actually Tim Burton doesn't really head my list of favourite directors anyway, but I can appreciate that he does good work. I have to say though.. you Burton fans are really passionate about your Burton movies :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)