• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

English Aos Speech HELP (1 Viewer)

Kutay

University
HSC
Hey for my AOS we are doing a speech, i have posted about this before but really want to get this started beacsue it is due next week!!!

this is what i have to do!

1. Find TWO appropriate texts of your own choosing relevant to the concept of "Imanginative Journeys". texts in class cant be used!!
2. Outline the ideas relevant to the concept of "Imaginative Journey", investigated by the composers of these texts.
3. Analyse how the composers explore these issues, linking techniques and style to the purpose of the text
4. Synthesis information relating to "Imaginative Journeys" by findnig links between your related texts and focus text (refer to TWO poems)

the focus text are these poems which i must chose two are;
1) Kubla Khan
2) The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
3) This lime-Tree Bower My Prison
4) Frost at Midnight

Well i am thinking i am going to do ALICE IN WONDERLAND as one of my texts but yeh wonder what you guys think would another good one which would be easy to do for the speech thankyou

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
A text is a text, regardless of the text type you're going to write in. It would be nice to know what other texts you have decided to used so far, and it is reccomended highly, that you pick your last text of a different text type than the others. http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=22164 I hope you have checked there before asking for any related materials. I assume not, because theres so much to choose from, i doubt you'll be asking after anyway.

And what is your question ? Do you need help on points 1-4, the rubric/question?

Revolution

HSC
I too had to choose two from those exact four poems in my speech last year :D The other two texts I chose was the song 'Achilles Last Stand' by Led Zeppelin and the book 'Journey to the Centre of the Earth' by Jules Verne.

Kutay

University
HSC
Ok well i am def doing alice in wonderland but dont know what else one to choose but i was thinking of using a scence from the "A Beautiful Mind" so was wondering this a good idea cause need help and need to get started on this soon!!!
Also i was wondering like where i gert alice in wondering and should i use the picture book one or what .........

Kutay

University
HSC
or what do you think of doing peter pan also and what you recommend i do like cause dotn want to do too books or two movies where i get the picture book for alice in wonderland and movie part for peter pan or something ?

Kutay

University
HSC
Hey i have now decided i am going to do;
1) "A Beautiful Mind"
2) "Alice in Wonderland"

So before i start abvoiusly cant do alice in wonderland movie cause already doing a movie so what is a good one like picture book or novel or what to use ??? plz help so i can get started this arvo when i get back from school ??/

also before i start you reckon anyone got any ideas of how these two are relevant to the concept of "Imaginative Journey" ?????

Kutay

University
HSC
ANYONE ??? any yeh how each relate to the concept of Imaginative Journey ??? plz due soon !!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)