• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Ensuite bathroom accomodation (1 Viewer)

ecokid101

HSC
Are there any colleges which have ensuite bathrooms attached to your room, that you have to yourself?

I'm fine to share bathrooms but if there is the option of having a bathroom/toilet to myself, then I'd much rather prefer that. So which (if any) colleges have this option :D

Preferrably one of the self-catered colleges (so I'm guessing this is B&G, UniLodge and Fenner Hall)

Money isn't an issue here, I'd rather pay more and have my own bathroom

thanks guys

ALSO, can we have a fridge in our rooms?

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
you're asking this now?

um, dunno. i've never heard of any colledge/uni accomodation having such luxuries like an ensuite.

but yeah you can have a mini fridge in your room.

edit: why don't you check out the ANU website

ecokid101

HSC
Kirsty Xx said:
you're asking this now?

um, dunno. i've never heard of any colledge/uni accomodation having such luxuries like an ensuite.

but yeah you can have a mini fridge in your room.

edit: why don't you check out the ANU website
whats wrong with asking it now? I couldn't find anything off the ANU website

tbh its not that big of a deal but if the option is available then why not take the extra luxury (especially when money isn't a problem for me - cause my dad went to ANU and is obsessed with the place :p he was stoked when he heard I wanted to go there and is paying for everything)

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
ecokid101 said:
whats wrong with asking it now? I couldn't find anything off the ANU website

tbh its not that big of a deal but if the option is available then why not take the extra luxury (especially when money isn't a problem for me - cause my dad went to ANU and is obsessed with the place :p he was stoked when he heard I wanted to go there and is paying for everything)
isn't it late asking now? after the majority of accomodation and uni applications have closed?

try and ring the ANU phone number, i'm sure there's one to assist you if you require to know this information.

Last edited:

khing

King and Tyrant
HSC
I take it heaps of the later posts were modded out...

anyways, i have an ensuite, but it's because i'm old and grumpy, and a 3rd year.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
lol mods.

MODS: why the fuck did you remove my post which actually answered the question!

First year undergraduates can't get them (except if they buy a single studio in uni lodge). They really only give them out in 3rd year for special circumstances, or you've contributed to the college. Either way they do cost signifcantly more thatn a standard room.

khing

King and Tyrant
HSC
Kirsty Xx said:
And it's cleaned for you, regularly? Just curious...

Aw lucky you :)
nah i clean them myself. i'm in the self catered wing of Bruce Hall (the packard wing) which are like studio units.

allocations are based on seniority and demand is very high, so that usually means you'd have to be in your 3rd year to even have a chance of getting in.

khing

King and Tyrant
HSC
Davo1111 said:
lol mods.

MODS: why the fuck did you remove my post which actually answered the question!

First year undergraduates can't get them (except if they buy a single studio in uni lodge). They really only give them out in 3rd year for special circumstances, or you've contributed to the college. Either way they do cost signifcantly more thatn a standard room.
censorship much? lulz

blacksunset

HSC
seriously, being a first year, you will looked upon riddiculously at b&g if you attempt to have your own ensuite.. and you cant unless you are an SR anyway.
its really not that important.

ecokid101

HSC
blacksunset said:
seriously, being a first year, you will looked upon riddiculously at b&g if you attempt to have your own ensuite.. and you cant unless you are an SR anyway.
its really not that important.
mods deleted my post where I said :

to be honest its not that big of a deal, I'm just interested to know if the option is avaiable

cricketfan10

HSC
Kirsty Xx said:
isn't it late asking now? after the majority of accomodation and uni applications have closed?

try and ring the ANU phone number, i'm sure there's one to assist you if you require to know this information.
doesnt it close on jan 21st??

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
- Self catered rooms with an ensuite and a kitchen are available at Bruce Hall in the Packard Wing for third year undergraduates and above and postgraduates for $190 p/w. There are limited amounts of rooms with ensuites on the catered side. Some rooms at Bruce like mine are veritable rabbit warrens.

- Self catered rooms with an ensuite will be available from next year at the shipping container college once it's constructed. I'm not sure what their price will be.

- You can get single or shared self catered rooms with an ensuite at Unilodge. However, single rooms at Unilodge cost significantly more than Packard wing rooms.

Besides that, there isn't anything else for an undergraduate.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
neo o said:
- Self catered rooms with an ensuite will be available from next year at the shipping container college once it's constructed. I'm not sure what their price will be.
this idea has been scrapped by ANU. just found out myself :(

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Davo1111 said:
this idea has been scrapped by ANU. just found out myself :(
Ah yeah, I forgot about that. They are building a smaller shipping container block which will be part of Ursula, but I think that will be for later year undergraduates only.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
I've heard rumours about this too. As far as i was aware, their plans were to build something (prefab housing - not container shipping) out the back of johns/ursula carpark. However they need to extend the Ursies dining hall into johns turf (behind the chapel) to accomodate with the increased size.
But then a friend of mine who is on the SA board said they had scrapped this idea too?

I'm really not to sure about it all, looks like they're just going to rebuild the science buildings that face daley road (carpark outside geology & bozo etc) and make the massive changes as part of anu exchange.
http://www.anuexchange.net/masterplan.html

PS - this anu exchange this is massive! looks like ANU owns half of canberra! lol (well all the way up to Marcus Clarke street and Barry drive!) http://www.anuexchange.net/images/exchangemap.gif

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
cricketfan10 said:
doesnt it close on jan 21st??
Yes, that's with changing your preferences (or if you haven't put in at all :|). I meant it could be a tad late to apply for accommodation since there's usually a big demand for it on campus.

Sammy-Blue said:
Correct but the longer you leave it the less likely you are to get in where you want (or anywhere at all).
This is what I meant too, well more to the point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)