• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Essays in the HSC (1 Viewer)

stinger

Banned
A place where something is or could be located
... and trials for that matter

so basically, we have to do 2 questions, with a choice of 2 for each
one out of globalisation, one out of issues/policies

what i want to know ... what are they likely to ask about?!? so i know what particular areas to focus on

ok, i'll go through the syllabus
Topic One: Global Economy
1) features of it
2) impacts of it
3) case study
Topic Two: Aust. Place
1) BOP
2) exchange rates
3) trade and protection

which sections would be most advantageous to study? and please don't say all of them ...
does there have to be a question on the case study? if there does, i might study that a bit more

Topic 3: Issues
blah ... 6 of em or whatever
Topic 4: Policies
1) macro
2) micro

now for these, i heard that the issues section is not likely to have an essay q. asked on it ... so should i just study macro and micro for the essay?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
For the first two, study ALL of it, seriously
because some questions, u'd have to use all of it

U WILL need to kno all the issues, because how else are u gonna answer a question on the economic policies without knowing what they affect?

AGB

HSC
if i were you i would be studyin the catholic trial questions.....i reckon sumthing like that will come up in the hsc.......

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by M-THIS
Is there ALWAYS a question on GLOABLISATION!

ie does it say it somewhere in the syallabus?
not ALWAYS, but most likely
whether it be a case study question, something on globalisation in general, australia and globalisation, or even protection

timmii

sporadic attendee
The essay is designed to test your knowledge and ability to synthesise the various aspects of economics into a coherent reponse. Globalisation is thus popular because u can write forever about it, bringing in knowledge about interest rates, exchange rates, CAD's, competition policy etc etc...The minute u stop viewing the syllabus as 4 discrete modules of information will be the moment when a) you understand it well enough to get the higher range of marks and b) it will be easiest to study, because everything seems to segue together and u won't be ticking topics and subsections off on ur to-do-checklist. (and as an added bonus, if u do get an obscure question u're not sure of, most of the time u can twist the focus of ur answer to be on something you *do* know! Ahhhh such is the nature of eco! :D )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)