• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Everyone is freaking me out about impossibilities. ATAR. (2 Viewers)

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
Never compare yourself to others, it will only discourage you. You have what you need to succeed. You are armed with stones, all you have to do it throw it...

The only stupid question you can ask is the one that you don't ask.
Funny, this person said the exact same thing to me xD

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
You do realise at a rank 500 school, only 1 or 2 people get 90? The OP is no where near top 1/2 in each sub, and I really doubt they will get a 90 atar with those rankings at such a school.
You have no idea how much I enjoy your replies. You're very realistic but harsh -_-

I doubt that, I go to a rank 450 school and we had like 7 people get over 90.
This is new..

OP why are you even thinking about your atar. i haven't talked about anything school related with my friends since the day the exam finished just enjoy yourself and worry about your atar only on the 14th of december.
By that time. I would have to commit suicide for the crimes of no work I have done over the year.

Aysce

HSC
Word of advice: Screw the impossibilities and work the hardest you possibly can. Don't worry about others around you, just focus on YOURSELF, don't think about "zomg Jim got 95% for MX1, I'm screwed", it'll just mind- eff you.

K

khorne

You have no idea how much I enjoy your replies. You're very realistic but harsh -_-
I am harsh because I care. No one got anywhere with the "everyone is equal" and "everyone can do it" attitude. You are not going to do it in this current stage. So now work for it and prove some random, cynical bastard on the internet wrong.

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
I am harsh because I care. No one got anywhere with the "everyone is equal" and "everyone can do it" attitude. You are not going to do it in this current stage. So now work for it and prove some random, cynical bastard on the internet wrong.
I'm not saying you have to go around with "everyone is equal" attitude. But it doesn't hurt to be a teeny tiny bit encouraging :/ You know, just so it doesn't look too bleak and hopeless.

K

khorne

I'm not saying you have to go around with "everyone is equal" attitude. But it doesn't hurt to be a teeny tiny bit encouraging :/ You know, just so it doesn't look too bleak and hopeless.
bleak and hopeless makes you work. Go figure. Chem, year 11 skipped every class, year 12, first assessment rank was 30/62, teacher told my mum I had no hope of band 6, whatever, ended up being ranked second with a 97% raw mark in the CSSA paper. 2easy.

You just need someone to tell you it's not ok, and it usually works in making you realise the situation.

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
bleak and hopeless makes you work. Go figure. Chem, year 11 skipped every class, year 12, first assessment rank was 30/62, teacher told my mum I had no hope of band 6, whatever, ended up being ranked second with a 97% raw mark in the CSSA paper. 2easy.

You just need someone to tell you it's not ok, and it usually works in making you realise the situation.
I am not getting into this argument again, but it really depends on what type of person you are. I mean some people if you say that, they'll just give up.

K

khorne

I don't see why you can't get 90+?
school rank/cohort size. If you consider that schools that low might have 200 or so students, and only 5 or some get over 90, then it scales down for smaller cohorts.

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
school rank/cohort size. If you consider that schools that low might have 200 or so students, and only 5 or some get over 90, then it scales down for smaller cohorts.
This cohort silliness is what I don't get.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)