• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Ext 2 Maths vrs Ext 1 Maths marks (1 Viewer)

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Does it totally defeat the purpose of doing 4u maths, if i am actually achieving better ranks, and marks in 4u than 3u ?
Not my fault those 4u tests are easier than 3u :(
I guess it can also apply to those in Ext 2 english, or 3u maths marks being better than their 2u marks.

Thanks,,

Last edited:

is a roflcopter
HSC
fuck lol im in exactly the same situation

help ~ !

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
why would it defeat the purpose?
it can mean:
1) your 4u tests are too easy
2) your 3u is bad (but less likely than the above)

kass

HSC
Originally posted by stinger
or is it that you are studying more for 4 unit and not spending as much time on 3 unit?
That is what I do, adn I am going so much better in 4 unit than 3 unit because of it. It's just that I have to put so much more effort into 4 unit because it's harder and a lot more involved, and also because we have classes outside school time and so we have heaps more outside school work to do on it because of limited class time.

nerdd

yuckk i really hate 4 unit..
i think i'm gonna drop :(
isn't it better to get 100% and a definite band 6 in the 2 U, and have the time to concentrate and really do well in 3 U, then stress out and study for 4 U and then risk going well in 3 U?

that's what i'm thinking.. because the 2U paper will have nowhere near as much study required as 4U.. so it'll just be like a worksheet in comparison!

and in the half yearly exam i was about to drop so i didn't try at all so my average right now is 60% and i think my rank is 3rd/4th out of 5 :/

is it worth holding on to?

and sorry grizzly hehe i had that problem last year with 2 unit and 3 unit.. i'd go better in 3 unit than 2.
and i don't see it defeating anything. when the HSC and trials come, you would have studied for 3 unit I'm sure :p right!?

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
lol, drop 4u
and then use integration by parts etc to do some of the good'old 2u integration :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)