• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Extention History?!?! (1 Viewer)

Yazbeck

HSC
Does any1 know if a teacher can stop me from doing extention history? i didnt put any effort into my yr11 yearly exams and i dun think i got top marks but i know i can do well when i put effort...I really want to do it...Can they stop me? What do i say to the to allow me to do it?

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Yazbeck said:
Does any1 know if a teacher can stop me from doing extention history? i didnt put any effort into my yr11 yearly exams and i dun think i got top marks but i know i can do well when i put effort...I really want to do it...Can they stop me? What do i say to the to allow me to do it?
Yes, if you haven't already proved your capabilities in either Modern/Ancient History then your school can stop you from picking up the extra unit.

Yazbeck

HSC
i think i got in the 60-70% in my exam so it's not like a fail (without studying)...... So u think it will still b hard 4 me tlk get in?

ane_st

HSC
Depends on your school... At my school many teachers advised against some ppl... But told them it was their own choice.... The majority of them dropped but still there are 2 guys in our class who just suck and dont even turn up!

I really think it depends on your school...

daledugahole

HSC
I think it does depend on the school. Generally your teacher will know if you're capable of doing it. LOL when I asked my teacher if it was a good idea she said yes so I asked her if she really meant it and she said that if I wasn't capable she wouldn't let me do it and that she's told other students that they weren't capable in the past.

X

xeuyrawp

Yazbeck said:
i think i got in the 60-70% in my exam so it's not like a fail (without studying)...... So u think it will still b hard 4 me tlk get in?
Hmm, two sides of the coin:

* While lower marks in 2U History might not be a direct indication of how you'll be able to grasp History Extension, they might be an indirect indication of how you'll perform in History Extension due to issues like motivation, ability to read+write, etc,

* Why not try it?

Anyway, if you're allowed to do it, you should ask yourself why you're getting 60-70% in 2U History. 60-70% isn't poor, but History Extension really is a tough course, it requires a lot of reading and writing. Despite what some people say, I still think that there's also a disposition to the subject - I think that this is reflected in 2U marks. I know people will disagree, but that's my view.

Anyhoo, I still think you should try it. My school let a lot of people enrol in History Extension and then allowed them to drop out if they chose. It just depends on the school. :)

xoxo

HSC
in my school there are abt 6 - 10 who want to and the cut off was 85% +...though they would consider the 80's + depending on your effort etc...imr eally hoping i went well in the prelims, though i have my doubts. i was sitting on like exactly 85% before them....but im coming 2nd....so they cant really refuse me can they?

X

xeuyrawp

xoxo said:
in my school there are abt 6 - 10 who want to and the cut off was 85% +...though they would consider the 80's + depending on your effort etc...imr eally hoping i went well in the prelims, though i have my doubts. i was sitting on like exactly 85% before them....but im coming 2nd....so they cant really refuse me can they?
Hmm, it's up to the school, so yes, they can refuse you. Based on what you said, though, they shouldn't.

Mrs.McDreamy

stalker inc. president
HSC
I was doing very badly in modern history in year 11, but my teacher recognised that I could do it when I actually tried (I didn't at all in year 11) so went out on a limb and let me have a spot in extension even though it's against the schools policy. So I guess I'm bias in saying year 11 marks have no indication of your intelligence nor your ability to do well. It doesn't count to your final mark in the end anyway :p And I'm doing more than fine in extension now, and quite ok in modern.
If you really want to do it, bug your teacher.. and don't give up. It's worth a shot even if they usually don't take people under a certain cut. It's worth it in the end, history extension |20X0|2's

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)