• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

External influences on UAI and HSC Results (2 Viewers)

njl1991

HSC
my best friend passed away the day before we went back to school in term 2 of year 11 and my dad suffered a tripple by-pass a couple of months later and was in a coma for about six weeks.

my grades slipped after that and never really recovered - im not sure if that makes me eligable for anything. I'm not really going to look into it and apply, just feels to strange. Shit happens, make the best with what you have and move on

HSC
how does someone's death affect your results?
preposterous!
Umm the funeral perhaps? It would be disrespectful to study during the service.
Also they could have been study buddys.

Even trying to study could be hard because you keep thinking of that person.

Lots of reasons.

njl1991

HSC
hows about the death of a loved one, especially to something like suicide can just fuck with your head

lizajane91

HSC
my best friend died in a car accident last year and the funeral was the day before my jap speaking exam...i had i lot of trouble especially when they ask "who is your friend and what are they like" sort of questions..
the examiners were really good though, they let me go earlier then my actual time slot and i also filed a misadventure form but i dont know how much it was taken into account

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
my best friend died in a car accident last year and the funeral was the day before my jap speaking exam...i had i lot of trouble especially when they ask "who is your friend and what are they like" sort of questions..
the examiners were really good though, they let me go earlier then my actual time slot and i also filed a misadventure form but i dont know how much it was taken into account
you can go in and say that a certain topic is sensitive and you'd prefer not to speak about it though can't you? just asking cause that's what we've been told and just wondering if it's true?

lizajane91

HSC
you can go in and say that a certain topic is sensitive and you'd prefer not to speak about it though can't you? just asking cause that's what we've been told and just wondering if it's true?
yeah i think you can...i wasn't really thinking about saying that at the time tho ..probably woulda been a good idea

njl1991

HSC

i had a similar situation in a japanese speaking exam. it's unbelievably hard and i think it impacts on your performance alot more than people would realise

maths94

HSC
Does any one know any one or experienced themselves external factors that may have severely influenced your or anothers HSC result and overall UAI. They say that there are all sorts of "msadventure" things but often this is not the case as the:shouting: may involve 1 or more people and may be out of the persons control. These student in the state may be bright and extremely hard working, however, due to unfortunate circumstances may never ever achieve their full potential at school and may land up in the low 80s when really they deserve to be in the 90s. Examples include:
Family conflict: i.e parents getting divorce
Financial matters: i.e being short of money
Student conflict: Experiencing bullying
Weak co-hort: Having a bad co-hort
Teacher conflict: Having issues with teachers and being expelled/suspended
in HSC year before exams

The list just goes on....

Thank you for your time. :shouting::shoot:
i guess you could go to your school Councillor and tell them how you hav been affected example if ur grandfather died. Your school councillor can then probably send a letter to the bored of studies explaining ur slump in marks etc.. and y

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
Does any one know any one or experienced themselves external factors that may have severely influenced your or anothers HSC result and overall UAI. They say that there are all sorts of "msadventure" things but often this is not the case as the:shouting: may involve 1 or more people and may be out of the persons control. These student in the state may be bright and extremely hard working, however, due to unfortunate circumstances may never ever achieve their full potential at school and may land up in the low 80s when really they deserve to be in the 90s.
yea i knew someone who had an external factor affect his uai, he was mentally challenged with a learning disability and was diagnosed as being "special"

after receiving a low uai of 85, his decided to put him through some counselling and help, which ultimately turned his life around, he now has a great job at mcdonalds

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)