• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Facebook (1 Viewer)

RIZAL

HSC
hey guys, haven't posted on here in a while!

Last edited:

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
*hopeful* said:
yeh wtf ?
Are you asking why would college kids use facebook? Or are you merely seeking an elaboration of the acronyms?

DLC - Dunmore Lang College
RMC - Robert Menzies College
MUV - Macquarie University Village

*hopeful*

HSC
the 2nd thing....thanx, i knew i knew muv but wasnt 2 sure

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
lol i thought it was some kinda net jargon ... kinda like the way compy counter strike ppl talk

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Facebook is good...i've signed up recently. It's a good way to keep in touch as you can list your subjects, what classes, what events you will be attending for the week...and only MQ students can see it. So the MQ stalkers should take to it like a duck to water.

Particularly useful for exchange students, the college kids...you can tell it was made for American college kids as the events section is essentially for details of frat/sorority parties...host, guestlist, etc.

Would be good as an alumni social/networking tool and an alternative to BOS for the future...as it'd be sad if someone's graduated and still kicking around on these boards.

My only gripe is that it needs to be cleansed of some Americanisms...so instead of asking for your AIM, it should have MSN. Also, in the section where it asks for political view it has "Liberal", "Moderate", "Conservative"...using the word liberal with a capital L is just plain confusing for Aussies.

Last edited:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I use Facebook...its a little lacklustre, if only because I couldn't find anyone I knew in any of my networks. Randoms also add me on their 'friends' thing all the time and then hardly ever say anything :/

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yeah tried it out for a few minutes, got bored

weiwern28

HSC
N/A
Signed up a few days ago. Looks cool though I don't see a lot of other MQ students.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
akilbob said:
First of all, watch your language and do not harass me.
You have the nerve to come onto here, and spam your way into the various sections, then have the balls to tell me to not harass you?

Wrong answer.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)