• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Failing!! (1 Viewer)

slc210

HSC
PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME HOW EASY IT IS TO FAIL THE HSC.. i didnt really study but i never knew u could actualli fail!! plzzz help.. if i passed my assesments dus that mean ive alredy passed? im just freaking out.

Bijs

HSC
You can fail the HSC but you really have to suck. Just by passing your assessments doesn't mean much, unless you went well and are ranked reasonable... The raw marks to fail the HSC are very low, so if you passed or almost passed your trials you will pass your HSC. I know someone how got 40% in the trial (2u maths) and over 60 in the HSC, with not much extra study.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Bijs said:
You can fail the HSC but you really have to suck. Just by passing your assessments doesn't mean much, unless you went well and are ranked reasonable... The raw marks to fail the HSC are very low, so if you passed or almost passed your trials you will pass your HSC. I know someone how got 40% in the trial (2u maths) and over 60 in the HSC, with not much extra study.
On the contrary, how much raw marks must I achieve to achieve an asessment / hsc mark of >80 in all my subjects ?

bahhh

HSC
I think your raw marks also have to be around 80.

HSC
Depends what subjects you do. I did maths, maths ext, adv english, chem, physics, japanese cont. My SCALED marks were 70's for every subject but maths (80s)...so raw marks were less than that... and I managed 80.90 UAI. I had good scaling subjects which did save me somewhat. If you do humanities or artsy subjects you are going to have to get something close to 80 in all.

Last edited:

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
failing is damn hard
plus youve just started the term, so i wouldnt stress yet, concentrate on doing your best in exams,assignments, study for the externals and then youll pass relatively easy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)