• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

failure (1 Viewer)

L

LaraB

theone123 said:
i got a subj u need 45% in the final to pass even u got a high assessment mark and the subj is hard too :(
all of my units are like that.... all of them you need 50% to pass regardless of how well you went earlier

Jonathan A

HSC
If you get a grade between 45% and 50%, then you may be able to apply for a Conceded Pass. This means you pass, however need to apply to the school for special consideration. You are only allowed two of these and only for undergrads.

However do not count on getting a CP, you need to apply for them. Aim for a pass.

Failures do count towards your GPA, they equate to '0'. A Conceded Pass is '3'.

klh

HSC
thanks Cape and Jacks!
id rep but th esystem wont let me rep any of you..grrrr. at least try to bear it until i rep others for now...
and btw, ive been cramming but its been more flowing...maybe your support workd!!!
thanks

Jacks

HSC
no worries klh...I just tried to rep you in the other thread you responded to about work experience and it wouldn't let me either...so we're square...you're very welcome though...make sure you let me know how you do when results come out!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
yay! I'm glad someone is studying :p

I'm STILL doing earthquakes! Bloody hell!! I'm loosing motivation and fast :(

klh

HSC
c'mon cape, my eyes are red but the thought of having a C or D instead of a P really kept me going...lol

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I'll be happy just for a P. So much information and my hands hurt from writing so much!

klh

HSC
its funny, i actually learned more in the past 24 hours than the whole damn semester, i ownder if you could like accelerate the course by doing 1 week of reading the text, followed by exams and you finish the unit.

ahh, i use lecture notes and then annotate, quicker and i can add my info.

Jacks, ill c, if the results are good ill post if not, ill fake them lol...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
My lectures aren't up on webct :( The subject doesn't even use webct :(

And to be perfectly honest, I don't give a flying f**k about seismic waves and how fast they travel through the earth!

I'm just picking out key points from my textbook and relating them to my pracs. :chainsaw:

and klh - no changing results either :p

klh

HSC
im so nervous about tomorrow..my first exam for th eyear...
like someoen mentioned, i feel like im gonna forget it all after a nights sleep...and its in 8.30 in the morning tomorrow...cold and sleepy and miserable...*shivers*

ohh you so nice Jacks i could rep you lol...
nah cape, youd know id change my results if after a days cramming id get HD's for all subjects...

Jacks

HSC
Seismic waves travel at different speeds in different rock types...I don't think I'd bother learning all of that either ;) As long as you have an overall idea you should be fine. Definitely does sound like you have to learn a lot though...my sympathies, I hope thursday comes quickly for you too!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
My first exam is thursday :( 8:30am! Hell, I'm still dead asleep at that hour of the morning! Atleast its only at parra, which is a good thing.

Don't worry ... I'm sure you'll be fine in your exam :)

Jacks said:
Seismic waves travel at different speeds in different rock types...I don't think I'd bother learning all of that either ;) As long as you have an overall idea you should be fine. Definitely does sound like you have to learn a lot though...my sympathies, I hope thursday comes quickly for you too!
Thanks, but I really don't want thursday to come.

Jacks

HSC
yes you do...because at least then you won't have to stress about it...and it has to come so it might as well come and put you out of your misery...;)

klh you won't forget what you learnt...I always think that too...actually if you go over things just before you go to bed, you are more likely to remember them...!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
And when thursday is finished I have an exam on wednesday worth 40%, that I must pass :( Atleast my earth sciences one I don't need to pass, just 5% needed and then I pass the subject :D

Jiga

I h8 those units with threshold marks, its really annoying. For eg, in accounting Im on 43/50, but if I dont get 50 out of 100 I fail!! So I could get 67% overall, nearly a distinction (sought of), and fail yet people who get 50% will pass :vcross: I just want to get 7% so I dont have to study at all for the subject!!!

As for early starts, I HAD to get up at 6am in the morning for 3 units as they started at 8:30am - so cold! The worst part is the walk to C'town uni from the station, it is FREEZING along that way!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
As for early starts, I HAD to get up at 6am in the morning for 3 units as they started at 8:30am - so cold! The worst part is the walk to C'town uni from the station, it is FREEZING along that way!
Ohhh ... I'm so looking forward to next wednesday, I have to leave home before 5am and catch 3 trains, just to make it to Richmond before 8:30am! And whats worse, is its going to be absolutely freezing :(

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
6:30am is nothing :p Usually, I'm nearly at Strathfield. Why the hell don't northern line trains connect well with the western line trains :( Usually I leave at about 6am. BUT BEFORE 5AM IS AN ABSOLUTE JOKE!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)