• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

for the creative piece.... (1 Viewer)

Tim035

HSC
In the HSC they've given multiple options for the last two years on the creative piece.
Surely this will have to be the case this year aswell. As if they only give one piece, that piece will more then likely lend itself to the physical/imaginative/inner journey advantaging those who studied that particular module. I think this was well seen in the 2004 HSC with the question, "journey of the heart" OR "journey across the sea" etc etc...

Do you think that will be the case this year? I'm just slightly worried because both my prepared stories are very much inner journey orientated.

aMJp

HSC
Surely they'd have to... because you're right, there would be massive advantages being thrown out if they focussed specifically on one type of Journey.

Much like my Trial question.... "...a series of journal entries about your journey through a landscape".

Argh! My prepared story is like yours, an inner journey. A landscape?! Say what?!

But the last few years have changed that, so one could assume (or hope and pray) that they would continue the trend.

A l

HSC
N/A
For some reason, I have a bad feeling that there will be a specified text type in the question for Section II, this year...:(

aMJp

HSC
That's okay though, so long as they don't specify a type of journey (physical OR inner OR imaginative).

If they do...ohh somebody will feel my wrath.

Tim035

HSC
aMJp said:
That's okay though, so long as they don't specify a type of journey (physical OR inner OR imaginative).

If they do...ohh somebody will feel my wrath.
Yeah agreed I have no problem adapting my prepared responces to journal entries or a speech, I'll just be letting those HSC representatives feel my wrath if they only give one specific piece of material for the creative piece.

RonnyK

HSC
Creative Writting, Ahhhh this can either be very easy if you already have a clear idea what you are doing or if you are unprepared a Hail Mary of a Shot at decent Marks...

Seriously, Its best to stick what you know and that is start writting stories NOW about Inner and Imaginary Journey, they aren't that far from each other and you can twist them into meaning other things when the situation rolls around... (If you do Advanced)...

For Standard, yeah write your Physical Journey but make sure there is some aspect of an inner Journey and Growth in the resolution, Those 3 journeys usually over-lap and you can't really have one without at least one of the other two (journeys that is)...

The thing is that they can ask you to centre creative responses around a given phase or sentence, You must work those in if you those Band 5 and up Marks. Not to mention a Good ending, You can't just not end a story without a resolution, Its almost as bad as not writting anything at all...

Don't get too wacky in your references too, don't put anything that can be seen as offensive, You'll get hammered for that and lose marks, Unless of course its the nature of the character just never directly offend markers without covering yourself...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)