• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Gantt Charts...... (1 Viewer)

Fuzzbuckett

HSC
Hey what the hell is a gantt chart and how do i apply it to my Major assignment. Im making a website on hockey in my town and need some help.
Can anyone give me some advice????

HSC
a gantt chart is used to help you plan your project and in it you put wat tasks must be done and when, and how long it might take.

see here for more details.

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
Ah, Gantt charts! I <3 Gantt charts. They are so very useful.

They enable you to list the tasks that you need to do. You then order then according to what needs to be done first etc. Then you allocate time to each task. The allocation of time can overlap. Some tasks may be independent of each other and so may run concurrently.

I used this to plan my wedding (some years ago)!

SO, write out all the tasks you need to do for your major project - then break down tasks into individual things that need doing. Group your tasks according to linkages, then order any tasks that can be ordered. Then estimate the amount of time you think you will need to do each task and block it in.

:D

LatK7

HSC
Tbh, i always hope for a 5 mark Gantt Chart question in an IPT or SDD exam. They're simple =D

C4Shadow

HSC
Gantt Charts are time management tools.. They are used in Project Plans and list what needs to be done and how long it should take..

Time goes on the Horizontal Axis and Events go on the Vertical Axis

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)