• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

getting a job through a recruiter (1 Viewer)

hatty

Banned
sup

a few days ago, i applied for some job in the newspaper, but it was the recruiter advertising for the actual company that i wanted to work for, so i went to the interview with the recruiter and all that shit.

im just wondering, if i happen to get that job, does the recruiter get any part of my money for a certain amount of time? or does the company pay the recruiter.

thing is, i didnt ask them to find the job for me, it was already advertised in the papers.

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
I got a job thro a recruiter before. Basically they hire people on behalf of companies etc. and its them who hires u not the company.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Hey hatty. From my knowledge they shouldn't take any of your income off you.

G

Gavvvvvin

Yeah its the recruiter that hires you and not the company. And they do take a small part of your income.

eye candii

HSC
N/A
Yep, they do take a small portion of your income.
but its not directly from you income..

say for example, you're supposed to be getting paid $20/hour

u will end up getting 18/hour..
but the job would have been advertised as u getting 18/hour

So the company pays for you and the recruiter

if that makes sense

how else do u recruitment agencies they get their money

hatty

Banned
thanks all,

i always assumed that the company that i woud be working for would pay the recruiter, but anyway, if they did take some shit from my income, how long would this go on for before they back off?

shiny

The Shiny One
HSC
N/A
Actually, the recruiter gets money from the company that hires. They charge a percentage (around ~15%) of the employee's first year wage.

shiny

The Shiny One
HSC
N/A
I wouldn't know about the recruiter you're going with, but typically, it goes like this.

Say your salary is 10K, and you get the job as a janitor lol. Your recruitement company, called... Jobman goes around to the company you work for: Janitors Plus.

Janitors Plus pays Jobman 15% of the client's first year's salary, which is 1.5K
You dont get charged anything... unless I'm mistaken.
I'll ask about it tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure you don't have to pay anything.

Recruitment companies get money from the big guns who earn 80K+ on their first year. Thus they charge the company that is going to hire the person say... 17%, which is 13.6K
All they gotta do is find the person a company to work for. And remember, if you think it's unfair for the company to be paying that, it's not.

The company is actually seeking candidates, which is why recruitment companies exist, and advertise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)