• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

golden key international honours society (1 Viewer)

Marmalade.

HSC
N/A
I received a letter asking me to join. It's $93ish for a lifetime membership. I'm not sure whether I should join, I hadn't even heard of it until I got the letter.

Does anyone belong to this society?

shannonm

HSC
N/A
its 93$ now?!

imo it's bullshit.
basically you get invited to some seminars, fundraisers, 'meet n greet, movie nights, "networking events" (basically one of the above)

if you know for a fact you will make us of these events then consider joining, ( but don't expect to be handed some dream job on a plate, there's 9999999 students just like you who will also be members of this golden key that are also trying to get it)
otherwise dont bother

p.s. the letter they sent you is to make you feel special and encourage you to join immediatly
fact is any random can join (without getting the letter), you just need to be a few years into your uni degree, have half-decent marks and the money for the membership

deadbeat

HSC
i joined, got nothing out of it other than a certificate. i would never put it in my resume anyway, coz no one knows anything about it

i think it was for people who got top 10% based on thier gpa. which was quite suprising coz i only got a 5.0-5.5 avearge

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)