• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Government Spending on the Arts (2 Viewers)

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Just think, every single movie you've watched with a soundtrack has been composed by a musician who has attended a Conservatorium or Academy just like the Sydney Conservatorium. I'd like to see anybody who is a critic of the Arts compose a soundtrack to a movie.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
bug123 said:
Art is simply a three letter word for bullshit
try to imagine yourself in a world without arts..it would be absolutely devoid of culture.

arts may not be 'necessary' in that it may not save lives like science and technology do, but it is necessary in that it improves the quality of our lives. i like to think that we need both in our lives.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Science and Technology are to the physical world, as Arts is to the mental world. I would argue that like a Doctor provides physical relief, a musician provides mental relief. In fact, there is an excellent case to be made that the Arts are what keep the mind working.

lengstar

HSC
*goes off and listens to Guy Sebastian in the name of Art

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Asquithian said:
and hes a fundementalist christian ewww....:\
I know...he sang in the Church choir!!!! What a dick head. No wonder he is gay...he was raped as a child by Father Fitzpatrick.

Generator

HSC
N/A
thorrnydevil said:
I know...he sang in the Church choir!!!! What a dick head. No wonder he is gay...he was raped as a child by Father Fitzpatrick.
Wasn't it Father/something Houston? ;)

edit: Yes, child abuse is not funny, but at times such calls must be made.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Generator said:
Wasn't it Father/something Houston? ;)

edit: Yes, child abuse is not funny, but at times such calls must be made.
I don't have a clue. There are so many it's hard to keep up.

lengstar

HSC
too bad most people ignore your good musicians

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
lengstar said:
too bad most people ignore your good musicians
actually we're not QUITE ignored... if you think about it long and hard. People with a music degree aren't ignored in the entertainment industry, especially if its behind the scenes eg: producers, writers, composers, arrangers. Con performers are actually highly regarded... ahaha you're thinking mainstream music. Think film music, or think behind-the-scenes.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
that fucker who did all the australian idol music, john foreman, was a Sydney Conservatorium of Music student.

K

katie_tully

If you dont think art is worth investing a little money in, fuck off and die.

The end.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Yes, and I think we should put More money into the arts. Now that the Sydney Conservatorium of Music is built, we have a very pretty, very empty building with a shortage of working pianos in practice rooms, and a chronic shortage of music stands. What sort of music school runs out of music stands?

omg_a

HSC
I'm all for putting more money into the arts...but am i the only one who thinks the extension on the con is really odd looking? it has a totally different architectual look to the original building. strange designers....

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
The entryway to the Con is designed to present a minimal impact on the aesthetic of the environment, and to preserve and display many of the artifacts recovered during the restoration. In fact, the original design for the building was very different, and only when the heritage people got involved did the cost increase by $40 million, and the design change dramatically.

Considering that even the entrance to the Con is built under the floor of the grass exhibit of the Botanical Gardens, and considering the look of the building once you enter, the design makes a lot more sense architecturally.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I know the guy who designed the interior of the con... my good friend's dad...

I thought he did okay... but meh.

Misssttterrrr McGgggrrreeeegooorrr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)