• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Greatest Guitar Solo Ever (1 Viewer)

HSC
nafe said:
Metallica - Fade to Black

Also, if you like soloists, check out Michael Angelo Batio. He plays a quad quitar. You could probably find a video of him performing on the website, he's pretty insane

holy shit, that guy is mental. i think the piece youre talking about is 'speed lives' right?

Gangels

HSC
Some_Guy said:
they suck live

What Is And What Should Never Be is the only song that was better than the studio version

enough zeppelin now

anyway back to the solos cant forget Maggot Brain by Funkadelic

I like Led Zeppelin, do you like Led Zeppelin, Led Zeppelin are really really really good!:)

Mathew strong and Dave McCormack from Custard had the best solos ever..................................................................:)

shimmerz_777

HSC
Some_Guy said:
they suck live

What Is And What Should Never Be is the only song that was better than the studio version

enough zeppelin now

im sorry, you cant just get the last word by putting foreward an opinion and then telling everyone not to discuss it.

why do they suck live?

they did alot of crappy concerts, but doesnt every band? i think that they were a good live act because they had powerful performances of songs, a unique trademark (paige and his violin bow) and alot of talent. the only person i will fault is robert plant because his voice went to shit in the latter years and he is not very good at ab libbing (perfect example thats the way live... "gonna let your hair hang doooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnn")

if you base your claim of them being shit live from the song remains the same album i wouldnt be suprised because that only had a couple of their songs done well in that show.

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
nafe said:
Metallica - Fade to Black

Also, if you like soloists, check out Michael Angelo Batio. He plays a quad quitar. You could probably find a video of him performing on the website, he's pretty insane

Haha, my flatmate has a "learn to play shred guitar" video of his, and I tried following along and broke my hand. (note for the slow: I didn't break my hand). And I've been a guitarist for 4 years. He's insane.

IronMaiden

HSC
N/A
Freight Train - Michael Angelo Batio

Awesome awesome awesome sweeping.

premer

HSC
Some of the greatest guitar soloes have come from Angus Young, yet he remains one of the most under rated players of all time. People seem to over shadow him with the likes of Zepplin, a great mistake.

My favourite players are:
Eddie Van Halen, who gave the band Van Halen all the right sound and created great depth, a very hard thing to do when writting your own music.

Angus Young, he is the best player of all time in my oppinion.

Hendrix

Michael Angello Bateo, who if you dont know, he is the worlds fastest, although in reality is shit to listen to.

and Carlos Santana, who has a solo on a dvd of mine that if slowed by two beats would become a 14 finger solo, but at the speed he plays it, becomes humanly possible. Or at least for him.

Good Night Irene.........:bomb:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
A lot of the ones mentioned above, and I'll add in Beyond the Realms of Death by Judas Priest.

shimmerz_777

HSC
premer said:
Some of the greatest guitar soloes have come from Angus Young, yet he remains one of the most under rated players of all time. People seem to over shadow him with the likes of Zepplin, a great mistake.
i wouldnt call angus young underrated, he topped a list of most important short people in history (him being 5 foot 4 or something) and is always on the greatest guitarists lists.

the key to his sucess is his simplicity in being able create powerful songs from the basic chords, namely A, E, G and D. in reality his songs undergo a very similiar format. he may be viewed as less talented than zeppelin or others because of this but it is his style of playing. it doesnt matter though because it doesnt make him any less of a musician.

he follows the same format in many solo's, starting off slow and building up. favirot is back in black. definately a great live player due to his performance skills.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
lol spinal tap is the funniest movie
i'd give it an 11

ryan11

Dazedconfused
HSC
I don't think you could dispute Kirk Hammett performing the solo in Fade To Black. People recall the solos in The Unforgiven or Master of Puppets, but for sheer musicianship and emotion, Fade To Black rules.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
bowman said:
lol spinal tap is the funniest movie
i'd give it an 11
Why dont you just make ten the loudest and get rid of eleven?

...........................But these go to eleven.

spiny norman

HSC
About Zeppelin:

The debut is far and away their best album, then II. Physical Graffiti and IV are well behind (and HTWWW if you count it) and the rest is just shit (HOTH has some decent stuff, though, to counterbalance the shit).

How the West... isn't the best live album ever, either. Go give James Brown Live at the Apollo a listen.

Best solo: Lou Reed's Metal Machine Music, obviously.

G

Gavvvvvin

ryan11 said:
I don't think you could dispute Kirk Hammett performing the solo in Fade To Black. People recall the solos in The Unforgiven or Master of Puppets, but for sheer musicianship and emotion, Fade To Black rules.
go kill yourself

neafoo

HSC
jason becker - altitudes
pity he got lgd and now cant move at all. he used to use a yoyo while shredding with his other hand ;D

i change my favourite solo all the time tho ;D

edit : may aswell throw in some more i like
metallica - orion and to live is to die
death - voice of the soul.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)