• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Guitar (1 Viewer)

RTTTYTR

HSC
Does anyone know any good (servicewise or price wise) guitar stores in Sydney. (by Sydney I mean anywhere between Penrith & the Ocean)

Sofstar

HSC
You're nearest music shop? Or Allans Music in Pitt St.

neafoo

HSC
near me are the following

music 101 - second hand instruments for beginners, good shop, decent prices, nice guy.

billy hyde - massive range, they dont seem to mind if you just pick up some of the guitars and play heaps, the prices seem OK (i was once gunna buy a ltd ex-400 off them for $1500, which is $100 more than venue music in the city sell them for), but if you're good at talking you can usually talk them down a bit anyway. this joint managed to put guitar world out of buissiness in paramatta road lol ;D

gallins guitars - gibson (and epiphone of course) and some matons store only. expensive because the guitars are good quality. (bar the epiphones ;D)

downtown music - dunno about the prices, but for a small store they have some pretty cool guitars. last time i walked past they had a clear bc rich warlock =]

ive also got the bass player and 'sydney guitar setups' close, i dont play bass so ive neverb een into the bass player, and sydney guitar setups is more of a maintenance place i think.

anyway i hoped that helped, its the longest post ive ever done D: and this is all on paramatta road annandale/stanmore. all of these guitar shops are like within a 200m space.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Turramurra Music, If you can access them, are great, good service, do you deals etc. Dude repaired my bridge for free basically.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Some good ones i go to are allans music in the city, venue music in the city, turramurra music in (you guessed it) turramurra, and dicksons in chatswood.

Turramurra is by far the best in terms of service and value IMHO (don't let the small store fool you...and i think one of our moderators on BoS works there :p)

Allans probably has the best floor stock on display, venue mostly have good prices especially with fender guitars (there's one salesman who's a bit of a dick sometimes though) and dicksons are a bit between venue and allans (i hear they're having a gibson sale at the moment too).

I havent been to any music stores in the inner-west or near the eastern suburbs yet though.

RiCkiE

HSC
The thing about allans is they have like 50 version of the strat and tele and the stock on everything else is kinda limited...and they don't have PRS >< then again you could always order in. And the service is very nice.

Oh and there's another store which is pretty good, the musicman in brookvale.

PrettyVacant

HSC
Music City/Drum City in Annandale is pretty awesome for lessons, fixing and servicing. They also sell some nice stuff, I'm not too sure if it's the cheapest, but it's pretty decent.
Check them out :D

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
really? i'm sure i saw a few PRS guitars in there the other day...hmm maybe they've been sold already (allans have been having a sale of late). I think venue has PRS guitars too, but only the SE versions from what i've seen (again, im not quite sure of what they have on display stock at the moment).

RiCkiE

HSC
hrm maybe i've been looking in the wrong places...but i love allans! they fund my pick fetish :D

PrettyVacant

HSC
Oh man, I have that too.
I also have an obsession with changing my guitar strings really regularly.
Haven't you noticed that they sound so much better when they're "fresh".
Or maybe it's just me.

RiCkiE

HSC
Yeah i have the whole guitar string too :confused: but it annoys me how they oxidize so fast...what gauge do you guys use?

PrettyVacant

HSC
Extra Light normally.
My fingers are sensitive...
Okay, fine, I don't practise enough to get those "callouses".

RiCkiE

HSC
Tut tut. i play with .12s they usually bring up the calouses pretty well :p it makes playing for long periods alot easier though

PrettyVacant

HSC
Hehe, but then people won't want to hold your hand.

Ahh, that was weak.

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
PrettyVacant said:
Oh man, I have that too.
I also have an obsession with changing my guitar strings really regularly.
Haven't you noticed that they sound so much better when they're "fresh".
Or maybe it's just me.
i'm guessing you don't have a floyd rose trem setup :p

PrettyVacant

HSC
Nope. I like to experiment with lots of different tunings. I'm not sure how easy/hard that would be with one of those.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
No, since their warranty probably wouldn't cover you?

There are places here that'll do the prices and offer safer solutions.

RTTTYTR

HSC
AsyLum said:
No, since their warranty probably wouldn't cover you?

There are places here that'll do the prices and offer safer solutions.
Really? So what I have posted up in other threads isnt the cheapest? Where would I got to get cheaper?

RiCkiE

HSC
well it depends on where you live because if you live near the city go to allans, they may not be the cheapest but you can always wrangle free leads and straps and picks out of them, and since your buying in australia you're covered by the guarantee thingo. but if you live somewhere out there just go to your nearest store and haggle; there's not that much point driving all the way just to save a few dollars and its even worse if you buy it from overseas

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)