• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Hard mx1 questions (1 Viewer)

Dylanamali

HSC
HI EVERYBODY!

I'm looking for some difficult maths questions on the first syllabus pt in the Mathematics syllabus - Basic Arithmetic and Algebra.

I'm 'teaching' my class tomorrow and wanted to at least have a few really difficult questions. So they can be on virtually anything algebra related, inequalities, simultaneous equations, surds etc.

Also please provide the solution ! :)

maths lover

HSC
you can give them the rationalizing the denominator with the three surds in the denominator.

Dylanamali

HSC
:O, havent come across that.. you got an example somewhere?

HSC
Uni Grad
This is a favourite of mine, it's Year 11 Prelim but still interesting.

Snell's law states that light travels through a homogeneous medium in a straight line at a constant velocity dependent on the medium. Let the velocity of light in air be and the velocity of light in water be . Show that light will travel from a point in air to a point in water in the shortest possible time if , where the light ray makes angles of and in air and water respectively with the normal to the surface.

Good for any Physics students.

Last edited:

hscishard

HSC

Snell's law states that light travels through a homogeneous medium in a straight line at a constant velocity dependent on the medium. Let the velocity of light in air be and the velocity of light in water be . Show that light will travel from a point in air to a point in water in the shortest possible time if , where the light ray makes angles of and in air and water respectively with the normal to the surface.

Haha

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC

Fun times were had in that thread.

I don't know if it's too late or not, but here's another:

Pfortune35

HSC

solution ?

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
get an extension question from cambridge, pretty much all of them are impossible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)