• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Hardest Exams/Assessments of Year 12 (1 Viewer)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
English....... i struggle to write 800 words per essay in 40 minutes..... that's bullshit.
THat's really not good. The average is about 1050 words. If you're writing less than 900 words, you'll be struggling to get enough content in there to get A range response. Whilst it's not impossible to get an A range when you're writing 800 words, your analysis better damn well be good. Plus, you've said you're struggling to get to 800 words. That is not good. You need to pick it up.

In relation to what I found the hardest assessments, for me it was the Trials. The sheer amount of exams and material you had to learn was slightly overwhelming for me, and I cracked under the pressure.

Coookies

HSC
THat's really not good. The average is about 1050 words. If you're writing less than 900 words, you'll be struggling to get enough content in there to get A range response. Whilst it's not impossible to get an A range when you're writing 800 words, your analysis better damn well be good. Plus, you've said you're struggling to get to 800 words. That is not good. You need to pick it up.

In relation to what I found the hardest assessments, for me it was the Trials. The sheer amount of exams and material you had to learn was slightly overwhelming for me, and I cracked under the pressure.
How did you train to write that much?

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
So far..physics half yearly. But that may change when the marks start coming back :O

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
How did you train to write that much?
People did the good old battery on the pen trick, which never really worked for me. I naturally wrote relatively fast (around 1200 words in 40 mins). Even if you're 'slow' you should still be getting to around 900 words. I had a friend who eventually topped the state in EX1 and state ranked in Advanced and EX2, and he wrote nearly 1500 words in 40 minutes. I think he even left the HSC English exam early because he had finished writing all that he inteded to write.

qwerty44

HSC
People did the good old battery on the pen trick, which never really worked for me. I naturally wrote relatively fast (around 1200 words in 40 mins). Even if you're 'slow' you should still be getting to around 900 words. I had a friend who eventually topped the state in EX1 and state ranked in Advanced and EX2, and he wrote nearly 1500 words in 40 minutes. I think he even left the HSC English exam early because he had finished writing all that he inteded to write.
Was he human?

Timske

Sequential
HSC
Uni Grad
exams starts this week for me had english today and i wrote about 800 words in 45mins

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I write about 1200 words for a 45 min essay.

So far out of the assessments I've done, my hardest was this self research one for chem. The research was not bad, but the test was what was marked and it was very hard. To my memory it was the worst mark I've gotten so far too. Good thing I made up for it in the prac test today :)

Aliyas

HSC
Battery on the pen trick? Care to elaborate? :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)