• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

help ASAP (1 Viewer)

bubblesss

HSC
hey guys anyone know of any related texts for change???? any help is very much appreciated.

Last edited:

omniscience

HSC
N/A
bubblesss said:
hey guys anyone know of any related texts for change???? any help is very much appreciated.

SUBJECTS:
adv eng
ext 1 maths
bio
phy
chem
anc hist
I seriously don't understand why you posted your subjects up.

There are tonnes of films/texts/even music that represent change and it also depends on what kind of "change" you are referring to.

I would probably consider diaries as they represent physical growth with the mental growths that go with it. Ah~~not sure about the specific title of the diaries though. I will look into that.

bubblesss

HSC
omniscience said:
I seriously don't understand why you posted your subjects up.

There are tonnes of films/texts/even music that represent change and it also depends on what kind of "change" you are referring to.

I would probably consider diaries as they represent physical growth with the mental growths that go with it. Ah~~not sure about the specific title of the diaries though. I will look into that.
sorry i was planning to change my signature to show my subjects. but i din't know how to so i just typed em up.

omniscience

HSC
N/A
bubblesss said:
sorry i was planning to change my signature to show my subjects. but i din't know how to so i just typed em up.
You go to "User CP" and go to "Signature" to change your signature.

Lyly

HSC
Change is a pretty broad topic - is there a particular area of change you are focusing on? (Like, physical change, emotional/mental change, spiritual change etc)

However, it's pretty easy to find related texts for. How about To Kill A Mockingbird? (Classic one, but your English teacher might be sick of so many students using it... lol)
You can try Roland Joffe's film The Mission, if you're allowed films, Rodrigo Mendoza goes through a great personal change in that movie (and it's a good movie, absolutely beautiful cinematography too)
Or read Goodnight Mister Tom - I forget the author, most unfortunately, but it's such an emotial, moving book and I don't particularly like war novels.
(Warning, though - get the tissue box ready!)

Similarly, try All Quiet on the Western Front if you like that genre :)
There's also Playing Beatie Bow by Ruth Park (though you might have already done it in, like, Year 8... I did)
How about Shakespeare - you could do Macbeth (how he and Lady Macbeth change throughout the course of the play) or one of his sonnets, like Sonnet 18...

Well those are just the few I can think of off the top of my head, you'll probably think of more.
Hope I helped! Let me know if you need more suggestions. ;)

EDIT: If you want diary-type texts, go for the Diaries of Anne Frank :)

omniscience

HSC
N/A
Lyly said:
Change is a pretty broad topic - is there a particular area of change you are focusing on? (Like, physical change, emotional/mental change, spiritual change etc)

However, it's pretty easy to find related texts for. How about To Kill A Mockingbird? (Classic one, but your English teacher might be sick of so many students using it... lol)
You can try Roland Joffe's film The Mission, if you're allowed films, Rodrigo Mendoza goes through a great personal change in that movie (and it's a good movie, absolutely beautiful cinematography too)
Or read Goodnight Mister Tom - I forget the author, most unfortunately, but it's such an emotial, moving book and I don't particularly like war novels.
(Warning, though - get the tissue box ready!)

Similarly, try All Quiet on the Western Front if you like that genre :)
There's also Playing Beatie Bow by Ruth Park (though you might have already done it in, like, Year 8... I did)
How about Shakespeare - you could do Macbeth (how he and Lady Macbeth change throughout the course of the play) or one of his sonnets, like Sonnet 18...

Well those are just the few I can think of off the top of my head, you'll probably think of more.
Hope I helped! Let me know if you need more suggestions. ;)

EDIT: If you want diary-type texts, go for the Diaries of Anne Frank :)
I was considering that but in a moment, I went "That does not really represent change, does it?". It's not really like Anne Frank went through tremendous change over the time she wrote her diary. I cannot even witness any apparent change in views/opinions by Anne. Oh well, if that's the best diary we could come up with, I don't think diaries would be good ones then.

monesh

HSC
If u need poems on change, i think Gwen Harwood's poems are effective at showing change.

bubblesss

HSC
thanks
that was heaps nice of you guys to spend ur time and post those texts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)