• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

HELP ATAR PREDICTIONS FROM MY OVERALL YR 12 RANKS!!!!! (2 Viewers)

genenian

HSC
HIIII here are my current ranks and the no of people who got b6s in the subjects last year (in brackets). can someone help me guage what kiinda atar i will get? i am aiming for ~95 :D THANK YOU ILY ALL 2024 BABIES WE GOT THis

btw my school ranked 53rd last year

religion accelerated 2023: band 6
eng adv: 4/46 (15)
eng ext 1: 7/13 (4)
eng ext 2: 1/8 (1)
bio: 8/33 (5)
math adv: 10/29 (12)
music 2: 1/3 (1)

MUAHH

Last edited:

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Given this information, it would be reasonable to suggest that you are currently on track with an ATAR between 94 and 96. You did not mention whether you accelerated Studies of Religion I or Studies of Religion II, but this is fine since I took them both into consideration and the estimate range was similar. Either way, your HSC result in this subject (congratulations! 🥳) means that this subject will make a positive contribution to your ATAR, should it count as part of your 10 units.

Your performance is essentially favourable across your current subjects, and your position is slightly better in some than in others. The fact that you are ranked first in both English Extension 2 and Music 2 is good because it means that you can maximise your overall HSC mark if you achieve the highest Examination Mark in both subjects. This is because in such a case, the moderation process works in your favour, that is, by having your own Assessment Mark made equal to your own Examination Mark. Assuming that you perform at a high standard in the rest of your subject, you could potentially exceed this estimate.

English Advanced and Mathematics Advanced are also some of your better-performing subjects, meaning that they are both likely to make a positive contribution to your ATAR. Based on this, you should continue to thoroughly prepare for your HSC exams, which will hopefully allow you to maintain this standard of performance and bring you closer to your ATAR goal.

On the other hand, though not unfavourable, your performance in English Extension 1 and Biology appears to be slightly lower than in the rest of your subjects. This may indicate that there is greater room for improvement in both subjects. As such, you may wish to consider placing greater emphasis on your preparations on the HSC exam of each subject, allowing you to improve your overall performance through favourable HSC exam performance.

I hope this helps! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)