• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Help with language please (1 Viewer)

Danger

HSC
I cant type in english anymore without holding the shift key!!! Everything I type comes up in another language (i think it is chinese)! I have no idea how that happened. Ive tried restarting several times and also checked all langage options and all are set to 'english australia'. All this happened when I reinstalled microsoft office so i think theres something wrong there. I clicked on the language toolbar in microsoft words and 5 different languages are selected. i can't remove the non-english ones. help please??

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Press alt+shift, see if that changes anything. If not, no clue what the problem is.

Danger

HSC
Hey, that works but I want to get rid of this chinese language altogether.

Danger

HSC
Bascially my computer is set to Chinese (Taiwan) so everything I type comes up in chinese. i have tried everything I could think of and still could not get rid of it.

sorry, this is a better question: how the hell do I make my language bar show up!?!? I think I accidently removed it from the toolbar menu

Last edited:

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Go to control panel and either regional settings or keyboard settings. Or maybe language settings if it is there. Just fiddle around with these and you'll eventually fix your problem. It's happened to me before.

milanista

HSC
Right Click on the Language Bar in the bottom right-hand side of your desktop toolbar, where at the moment it says CH (I'm assuming that this is the acronym for Chinese). Click 'Settings', then click the Chinese keyboard option and press the appropriate buttons in order to remove it from your Region & Language Settings. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)