• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

HELP with ranking system please! (1 Viewer)

anonymous97

HSC
Guys I have a huge problem with my chemistry rank
In the first assessment I came 7/11 on 75% and on our recent assessment I came 3/9 (2 kids dropped) on 91.15 % (really close though)
But in the half yearly and trial exams I came 1/10 and 1/9 on 63 and 71 respectively.

Overall with weighting this brings me to 2nd overall by about 0.8% but I smashed the kid who came 1st overall in both exams. Please help because I probably will do better than him in the exams by quite a bit but he always beats me in the assessments. Will he get the mark or will I? Very confused!

Thank_You

HSC
Seeing as you beat him in both the half-yearly and trial exam, and I'm assuming their weightings way more than the rest of the assessment tasks, and also assuming you and him have close marks from the other assessments. Then yeah, probably beat him.

anonymous97

HSC
Half yearly was 15% trial was 35&. 1st assessment he got about 86% and it was worth 30% the recent one he only beat me by 2% but like I said he came 1st overall so what does this mean for me if I get a better mark in the actual HSC exam?

QZP

HSC
Your HSC mark will be 50% exam mark (based on your actual HSC exam performance) and 50% assessment mark (based on your internal school performance + how your cohort performs in the actual HSC exam). Hence, since he is rank 1 and you are 2, he will have a higher assessment mark than you no matter what even if you beat him in the HSC exam (though you will get a higher exam mark so don't give up).

Thank_You

HSC
Once your ranks are submitted, your external exams (HSC) will not govern your internal ranks. But if you end up as rank 2 but beat him in the actual HSC, i THINK you get his internal mark/rank, or if you're 1st, and beat him in actual there should be no change. It is something along those lines, someone please CLARIFY

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)