• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Help with Unsw application! (1 Viewer)

zkuld

newblet
HSC
Hey,

Just wanted to ask, when is the first date that new students can start paying for their fees of any sort? My Mum keeps on bugging me that there's fees that I have to pay for acceptance because my sister had to pay something like that last year, but I personally haven't heard anything about the fees we have to pay yet!

Am I missing something here, or will the uni advise us beforehand when we can start paying for stuff :D

Cheers

enexar

HSC
N/A
i've done my semester 1 timetable but for my semester 2 timetable im getting a clash. what should i do about this if there are no other ways to arrange the timetable to not get a clash. Also one of the clashing subjects has a class with times that are TBA, should i just enrol to this and hope they'll fix the clashing subjects?

thanx

sunny

meh.
HSC
You might be better off selecting another subject, if its an elective.

jang

is not my real name
HSC
sunny said:
https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/fees/FeesProcedures.html

Whatever you need to pay will show up in myUNSW as the date draws nearer.
Hi ppl, i have a problem as well with my enrolment application...
it is sort of about fees, but not enough to be call the fee help line thingo i think
I didnt put in my TFN and ticked the box indicating my intention to pay hecs fee upfront...
but now i think i will need to get hecs help, but i can't go back to the page where i could change the options! what should i do? thanks in advance

sunny

meh.
HSC
My Student Profile -> "Commonwealth Govt. Forms"

sunny

meh.
HSC
KillerX said:
What if it's not an elective?
If they are core subjects, and there are particular classes that you cannot move (lectures) to another stream, then its likely that you are not the only person affected, since everyone in your program would be doing the same core subjects and they would have the same problem as you.

Once you are absolutely sure the clash can't be resolved by moving to different tutes/lecture streams, contact your school or program director to fix the conflict or let you enrol with a clash.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
My only problem appears to be with the application status thing.

My Applications
You currently do not have any applications in progress with UNSW.

Should I be worried, I've accepted, enrolled, timetabled... or am I simply looking in the wrong place.

jang

is not my real name
HSC
sunny said:
My Student Profile -> "Commonwealth Govt. Forms"
thank you so much sunny!
i changed it to HECS help for one semester... does that automatically change it for the 2nd semester? (because now both read "Deferred Pay Option Post 05")

sunny

meh.
HSC
jang said:
thank you so much sunny!
i changed it to HECS help for one semester... does that automatically change it for the 2nd semester? (because now both read "Deferred Pay Option Post 05")
No. The same enrolment process will repeat for S2.

Kelvy

HSC
Uh oh! I don't remember if I put a yes or a no for the "do you intend to finish Uni in session 1" question thingo.....is there anyway to go back and check?

doingHSC

HSC
hi, ive got a clash between PSYC1001 and COMP1711 lecture. well it says permitted clash on the timetable. So if i miss 1 lecture of either course a week would that have a lot of effect on me falling behind class or something?

thnks

j4x0r

HSC
you can almost always rely on a buddy to help you out with missing lecture notes etc :D

sunny

meh.
HSC
LION said:
What are the consequences of a permitted clash
Sometimes nothing. Even though things might be timetabled in a slot, it might not always run, eg it might only be on once every two weeks. Other times it'll mean you will have to pick which one to go to.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Kelvy said:
Uh oh! I don't remember if I put a yes or a no for the "do you intend to finish Uni in session 1" question thingo.....is there anyway to go back and check?

doingHSC

HSC
j4x0r said:
you can almost always rely on a buddy to help you out with missing lecture notes etc :D
do the lecturers post the notes on the web also?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
doingHSC said:
do the lecturers post the notes on the web also?
Most of them do. Some just ask you to photocopy them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)