• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Help!! (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi :D Im just wondering how you are meant to prepare for reading/ writing tasks for English? Please post some resources/tips that will help :D

starshine02

HSC
Normally i just try to do extra reading on the topic if possible and then around the time of the task i just try to polish up my essay writing skills by doing little practise questions. it just sort of depends on how much you know about the task i guess...

HSC
But the task isn't focused on a particular topic.... Is there any way of practicing for creative writing tasks?

qwerty44

HSC
Yes, have a story ready, or at least a plot that complies with the Area of Study.

HSC
Well I'm currently doing a contextual study of a text... So what can they ask me to write about?

madharris

HSC
N/A
For the reading and viewing part, the only practice you can do are past papers. So as many as possible so you can pollish your technique finding skills. Remember you also have to be able to relate it back to t he question. It's no use say ing this is a metaphor but not do anything with it.

If you want to prepare your creative writing your should have a plot/notes so you can adapt it to the question/stimulus. If not then you can prewrite 2+ different creative writings so you have a few that can adapt to different questions.

With the 4 essays, what you should do is make notes. In these notes you should write quotes, techniques, effect/mining and relate it back to the rubric. Do this for x amount of time for the different themes you want to approach.
Again, if you don't want to. Do this, me memorise 2+ different essays so you have different themes and quotes that you can easily relate back to the questions

In all, do as many practice papers as possible so you know what questions they can ask

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)