• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

help (1 Viewer)

HSC
i urgently need 2 useful different texts on imagiantive journeys and from colridge with two poems are gud to use i was think kubla khan and ....frost at midnight to discuss how a journey is done through the texts.
wld using picture books give less marks
help>>>>>>:p

7minute

HSC
Using picture books doesn't necessarily mean that you'll get less marks. But they might be more difficult to discuss in an essay, since you'd have to describe them before you analysed them. I didn't do Coleridge so I don't know what would go well with it, but my English teacher suggested Life of Pi and The Lovely Bones as related texts for imaginative journeys. I don't know much about The Lovely Bones, but I tried to read Life of Pi and I found it very tough going -not to be used if you're running out of time.

HSC
okay well i kinda got an idea im thinking to use as two poems from colridge frost at midnight n kubla khan then from the booklet the road not taken then my two selected text big fish and one of the dali paintings which resembles kubla khan...thts wat i think
are these good texts to use as to write how they take u on a imaginative journey

7minute

HSC
me_too_scared, I don't know anything about your related texts, but if you can justify their relation to an imaginative journey, they should work.

kag86

HSC
N/A
Don't stress out guys. I did the HSC last year and it's not that bad! Def not worth stressing out. I used The Rime of the Ancient Mariner and This Lime Tree Bower My Prison. They were so good to use. I know that Rime of the Ancient Mariner is really long and kinda boring to begin with but if you get some pointers off your teacher and read it over and over it is excellent to use!!!! I used the song Imagine by John Lennon and the movie The Wizard of Oz as my own texts. From the booklet I used Journeys over land and sea, and The wind in the Willows. Biggest tip that you may not like. Never go for the most popular text or the easiest!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)