• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Help !!!! (1 Viewer)

babydoll~*

HSC
Help Needed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

im doing 12units..

my worst 2 subjects are extension 1 maths
and economics..

ive been advised to drop at least one of these subjects..
preferbly eco since it has a lower scaling than three unit maths..

but other people say that this is for the schools benefit ( as i my low marks would lower the average) and NOT for an individuals benefit...

?? past hsc students >< please help!

to drop or keep going..?

FinalFantasy

HSC
babydoll~* said:
Help Needed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

im doing 12units..

my worst 2 subjects are extension 1 maths
and economics..

ive been advised to drop at least one of these subjects..
preferbly eco since it has a lower scaling than three unit maths..

but other people say that this is for the schools benefit ( as i my low marks would lower the average) and NOT for an individuals benefit...

?? past hsc students >< please help!

to drop or keep going..?
drop whichever one YOU find easier, or whichever one you like better....
if u drop eco bcoz it's lower scaling but u can't do the maths properly... den dat would be silly..

HSC
I understand why you would even consider altering your HSC courses to the perfect fit for your school, but you have to understand that no matter what subjects you do, the collective effort of your entire grade will determine the school's average, so don't put that on your shoulders.

personally, I would drop ext maths. I'm doing economics right now, and the knowledge for that seems much more coherent and easier to understand generally then a whole heaps of different mathematics methods etc.

babydoll~*

HSC
FinalFantasy said:
if u drop eco bcoz it's lower scaling but u can't do the maths properly... den dat would be silly..

as logical as that sounded i never really thought aabout that -_-!!!!

damn stressed ><

well... do you think i shud stick it out with 12units anyway ??

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
FinalFantasy said:
I think you meant to say keep...

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
i would drop ext math no doubt about it, because really u should of studied the entire 2 unit course by now in ur ext class, so it is going to lift your mathematics mark quite considerably if u drop ext, and begin to focus on mathematics...and since u have already learnt the theory of the course, the rest of the year is going to be revision...that is the meads hot tip ;)

s0k0y0e0

HSC
Who's advising you to drop??? I do 13 units; and I intend to keep them all! :uhhuh:

The BOS choses out of your top 10 units, so, if you don't go so well in the exam in some then you still have a chance of picking up marks from other subjects!

Mind you; I'd only advice to keep going if you are enjoying what you are doing, because there is honetly no point in doing subjects you don't like; that's just a waste of time and effort that could be put into subjects you do like!

The bottom line; draw up some pros and cons, and see which one out weighs the others!

Speak to different poeple and maybe get some advice...but in the end it's up to YOU! DO NOT let anyone make the decision for you!

Good Luck! Whatever you choose! :)

kascie

what u want?

depends, if u are struggling with time and cant do other subjects because of lack of time drop one but if ur doin ok then keep em all its up to you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)