• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Hi people, i'm new to the forum and about to start year 11. (1 Viewer)

nwatts

HSC
Falcon21 said:
Yeah im chilled :) Thanks for your imput anyway.
So how was it? Did you enjoy it and what topics did you choose??

Yeah I realise what your saying and sorry for misunderstanding you.

Thanks very much for your words :)
Dojan
I didn't particularly enjoy the HSC, as the subjects I chose in year 11 weren't those I enjoyed. I picked according to what I thought would get me high marks, and what would land me a position in Uni. It was a vast mistake. This is why I stress to people the importance of enjoying what you do in year 11 and 12. If you do what you enjoy, you'll naturally attain good marks. If you push yourself through material you hate, you will find senior school incredibly frustrating.

Falcon21

HSC
nwatts said:
I didn't particularly enjoy the HSC, as the subjects I chose in year 11 weren't those I enjoyed. I picked according to what I thought would get me high marks, and what would land me a position in Uni. It was a vast mistake. This is why I stress to people the importance of enjoying what you do in year 11 and 12. If you do what you enjoy, you'll naturally attain good marks. If you push yourself through material you hate, you will find senior school incredibly frustrating.
Ah well, how did you go anyway?
I took that into consideration and the only subject im unsure about is Business Studies, but hey i suppose il learn some quality info and lessons from the topic so that satisfies my comfusion to an extent.

I chose Maths because it was my favourite topic in school and i want to get back what i threw away.
English because i want to expand further on my skills and I enjoy the topic.
Visual arts because i enjoy to draw, and I suppose it will be interesting to learn about other artists aswell.
Biology, because i want to learn about this genuinely for lifes purposes and the overview is interesting to me.
Physics because i want to expand my brain in this area
Business studies for the knowledge i dont already know about business, or from different perspectives.

So im sure this is the combination for me :)

Falcon21

HSC
Arvin Sloane said:
You forgot to tell us your birthplace, show size, and IQ.

Sydney Australia, \
Show size??

My IQ according to a tickle test was 131, which im sure I can do better.

nwatts

HSC
I went alright. I didn't put the effort in that I should have, because I wasn't motivated to perform. I hated maths with a passion, and this sense of distaste spread throughout all my schoolwork. I loved english extension 1 and modern history - they're well structured courses that cater for those with a passion in the area. These subjects have fuelled by desire to doo do creative writing/history next year at university.

May I ask why you're looking into this now, as you have an entire year of junior school ahead of you to further determine where your interests/passions lay?

Falcon21

HSC
nwatts said:
I went alright. I didn't put the effort in that I should have, because I wasn't motivated to perform. I hated maths with a passion, and this sense of distaste spread throughout all my schoolwork. I loved english extension 1 and modern history - they're well structured courses that cater for those with a passion in the area. These subjects have fuelled by desire to doo do creative writing/history next year at university.

May I ask why you're looking into this now, as you have an entire year of junior school ahead of you to further determine where your interests/passions lay?
Of course.
Im wanting to study because i realise its value now.
Iv been basically idle for too long now and im begging for this opportunity to start expanding myself once again. This time its voluntarily.
Never in my life would have i imagined myself wanting to study. But hey i realised, if you wana act stupid, your gona be stupid.
Iv had my share of unnecessary things happening in my life, and theres no way im going back there.
Iv been in what I call a bad situation, and this is my new leaf.

By saying junior school, is it year 11 your referring to?

nwatts

HSC
Your profile says you're doing your HSC in 2008, which would mean you're in Year 9 now. I was just curious as to why you were interested in looking into Year 11/12 material, when it's still a long way off.

Junior school is years 7-10, senior is 11-12.

Falcon21

HSC
nwatts said:
Your profile says you're doing your HSC in 2008, which would mean you're in Year 9 now. I was just curious as to why you were interested in looking into Year 11/12 material, when it's still a long way off.

Junior school is years 7-10, senior is 11-12.
i got it wrong then, i thought that would be the time i attained it

id better chaange it.

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
Falcon21 said:
Sydney Australia, \
Show size??

My IQ according to a tickle test was 131, which im sure I can do better.
131 is a good IQ... if you're so motivated and love maths why not do ext 1 maths and keep prospects open? If you do well, who knows, maybe ext 2!!!

EDIT: Show size means penis size I think...

Last edited:

Falcon21

HSC
YBK said:
131 is a good IQ... if you're so motivated and love maths why not do ext 1 maths and keep prospects open? If you do well, who knows, maybe ext 2!!!

EDIT: Show size means penis size I think...

I really want to do ext 1 maths, moreso extension 2

The only friggin problem there is iv forgotten so much, which i learnt in school

I need to learn it all again in order for me to get back up to scratch, and im unsure bout how i should do so

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
when i first started year11 i heard people say "just relax, it's only yr11, it doesnt even count" i didnt believe them, nor did i believe them when they said "the school certificate is bullshit" but yeah, it is
just keep ontop of things in yr11 and remember in a years time it wont even matter! yr11 is a bludge really

Riviet

HSC
N/A
All the best falcon, and don't forget to change your year of doing the hsc (should be '07 for you).

HamuTarou

Ar U TaLkiNG 2 Me?! o.O
HSC
Falcon21 said:
I really want to do ext 1 maths, moreso extension 2

The only friggin problem there is iv forgotten so much, which i learnt in school

I need to learn it all again in order for me to get back up to scratch, and im unsure bout how i should do so
Dont worry, try ext 1 maths. If you cannot cope with it later on, drop down to 2 units. Better than doing well in 2 unit and regreting for not choosing ext 1. In ext 1, you'll cover all the topics again, so dont worry if you forgot the stuff you learnt. If you like a challenge, do ext 1.

Seriously, to do ext 2 maths, you need to be passionate about maths (same goes for eng). Ext 1 is rewarding if you do well in it. Also allocating many hours on maths and practice. Ask your teacher after your year 11 yearlies. He/she should know your capabililty the best. Take it easy, you got a year to decide on ext 2. I recommend you doin ext 2 if you score 80+ in your yr 11 yearly test.

Best of luck to you Falcon!

Falcon21

HSC
HamuTarou said:
Dont worry, try ext 1 maths. If you cannot cope with it later on, drop down to 2 units. Better than doing well in 2 unit and regreting for not choosing ext 1. In ext 1, you'll cover all the topics again, so dont worry if you forgot the stuff you learnt. If you like a challenge, do ext 1.

Seriously, to do ext 2 maths, you need to be passionate about maths (same goes for eng). Ext 1 is rewarding if you do well in it. Also allocating many hours on maths and practice. Ask your teacher after your year 11 yearlies. He/she should know your capabililty the best. Take it easy, you got a year to decide on ext 2. I recommend you doin ext 2 if you score 80+ in your yr 11 yearly test.

thank you very much man, God bless you :)
And good luck to u 2

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
HamuTarou said:

i don't think he needs to get 80+ in his half yearly... cause he's still not completly into maths... i'd say if he does a major improvment like say getting in the top of the class... or middle if in a selective school, and he's enjoying maths.. he should try it... 80% is a very high mark, but then again we get really hard tests... what i'm trying to say is, don't be discouraged if you get less than 80%, always try to enjoy maths, don't work for the mark. work for the satisfaction of having learnt something new and interesting. :)

good luck :)

(i hope the stuff i said makes sense, i'm in a hurry :D)

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC

Welcome to BoS!

I can give some info on subjects ive done.

Advanced English: well IMO Advanced English is the most fucked up, nonsensical rubbish in the HSC. But its doable.

Gen Maths: Easy for me! and I did NO work throughout the year. Even if you suck at math, just do the work set and pay attention in class and youll do great in your HSC.

Physics: great course (watch the maths though, considering your doing general). I dropped this at the end of Year 11 which was a REALLY big mistake. Apparently Physics gets easier if anything in Year 12 and scales high.

Visual Arts: Major work...if your not committed...forget it...PLEASE if you do it PLEASE start it when you have free time and DONT leave it to the last minute.
Art isnt the major bludge people make it out to be.
(most of the time :D;))

Hope any of that helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)