• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How do download gif files? (1 Viewer)

bong_head

How do you download gif files off the net? Whenever I save a gif, I'll open it and it will just be a picture frozen in time. Need help!!!

sunny

meh.
HSC
Open the GIF in a program that can play the animation, like a web browser.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Right click on the GIF, select "Save Image As" (or similar), select a location on your hard disk. Hit Save. Open the file in your web browser.

Sabbo

HSC
Yes, you need to save it as a GIF otherwise it won't move

bong_head

do u mean when it sez "save as type" and then select gif? cuz mine only has one option and that's a bmp.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Where is the picture you are trying to save?

Fosweb

I could be your Doctor...
HSC
The reason you are only able to save as a Bitmap file (.bmp) actually has nothing to do with the image itself, rather your browser cache.

Your cache is currently full. You need to empty the cache. You can do this by going to Tools --> Internet Options. Then go to the Delete Files button in the Temporary Internet Files section of the options window that opens up. You don't have to delete all offline content when that comes up.

You can also set IE to delete all temporary internet files every time IE closes, and that will stop this happening in the future.

You should now be able to save the files as a .Gif file, then you can follow Sunny's instructions above to open them again.

HTH.

bong_head

Fosweb said:
The reason you are only able to save as a Bitmap file (.bmp) actually has nothing to do with the image itself, rather your browser cache.

Your cache is currently full. You need to empty the cache. You can do this by going to Tools --> Internet Options. Then go to the Delete Files button in the Temporary Internet Files section of the options window that opens up. You don't have to delete all offline content when that comes up.

You can also set IE to delete all temporary internet files every time IE closes, and that will stop this happening in the future.

You should now be able to save the files as a .Gif file, then you can follow Sunny's instructions above to open them again.

HTH.
Thanks man, u're a champ!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)