• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

how do i install Microsoft Office? (1 Viewer)

crazy_paki123

HSC
Yeah, so I got a new ultrabook today (Dell XPS12 :D) and im sort of a techno noob. So how would i install MO without a CD drive? And also is the product key important?

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Yeah, so I got a new ultrabook today (Dell XPS12 :D) and im sort of a techno noob. So how would i install MO without a CD drive? And also is the product key important?
Which version of Office and what format do you own it in (CD?)?

lee337

HSC
Uni Grad
Didn't it come pre-installed?

crazy_paki123

HSC
nop, i have a windows 8, so MO si already pinned on the start menu. when i click it 3 options come: 1. Purchase it and type in product key, 2. Activate an already purchased MO by entering its product key or 3.activating the trial.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Was Microsoft Office actually advertised as part of the package?

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Nah, it's just the trial version that preloaded. I had the same thing on my new laptop. Judging by your description, if you don't have a CD drive but already have an old copy of MO on CD (like I did), you have two options: Purchase an external CD drive and attach it temporarily to you ultrabook, or just purchase the latest version of Office from Microsoft and download it over the net.

crazy_paki123

HSC
ohk sweet, yeah ill probably then buy an external CD drive

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)