• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How do you get 90+ in all subjects?? (1 Viewer)

loaves

HSC
i hate people who do this
...Why? You obviously still have to be good at your subjects, you can't be like "LOL OK ART, DRAMA, FOOD TECH" (I assume that's what's meant by 'easy' subjects) and get 99.95 without a lot of work/talent.

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
The key is to be consistent in organising your study material, ideally your handwritten/typed study notes. This is because you don't want to be reading irrelevant and lengthy texts close to your exams. The advantage of making notes is that you can remove all unnecessary bits of info and leave only those you need.

Then close to exams, thoroughly review your study material and if you've taken your effort to make notes, it won't take that long to revise. Then do some last minute exam paper practice and you're done.

Coookies

HSC
I got all band 6s with

Maths 2u
MX1
English
Economics
Legal
SOR

Basically my advice is that you constantly keep ur ranks high and consistent. How? Always concentrate on the subjects that are your lowest ranked. Its all about opportunity cost. No point wasting time on a subject you know you can do well in, and get a solid band 6 in already, if it means losing marks in a subject you need more work in.

For example Economics and Mx1 were usually my lowest ranked (5/50 and 4/20) and these were the two subjects i paid most attention to. Everything else took a bit of a backwards step. So time management and knowing what to study in the quickest manner is fairly important

this is just my view anyway
Ive been doing that, but as a result Ive been slacking off heaps in maths.

choccie monster

HSC
Work hard and play hard. Many students I know were doing well with 2-3 hours of study per day and managed to keep a balance with co-curricular activities. Crank it up when exams are approaching - especially before Trials and the Final Frontier. Some subjects (e.g. maths, sciences) need a consistent baseline of study throughout the year, whereas others (English, humanities) will need you to keep refining drafts of essays and creative works. Where relevant, keep a folder of notes where each syllabus dot point receives about as much attention as you'd expect in the HSC exams. Don't waste time with anything that's outside the syllabus. And do lots of past papers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)