• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How do you study? (1 Viewer)

s0k0y0e0

HSC
Do You have a study Timetable? If so; do you stick to it?

How do you study?

What are your methods of study? (Eg; do you have a fav place to study, special pen for each subject, do you have to have absolute silence, or do you like music playing?)

Last edited by a moderator:

gosh

i try to stick to a regime of doing a little each night but i tend to have this really bad habit of leaving things to the last minute (i.e. the night before). i guess i never learn...

IceBreaker

HSC
One word Pink and most people will agree with me Consistency!. Seriously you have spread your study throughout the whole year if you want do the best of your potential(esp. maths). cramming does not further your education although it may help you pass an exam, i wish i learned this importance concept of consistency in junior highschool.if you cant study at home effectively i reccomend spending at library 2-3 a week with friends or by yourself. Good luck

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
how do I study? lets see..

Light music playing, HUGE bottle of water (1L) next to me. (water helps your brain focus and think)
Huge messy desk with empty spot in the middle where I work. (everywhere else are just stacks of sheets). Yellow light.

I did have a timetable. But never really used it. I was more like: "must do 15 minutes on each subject each night" and just did that. After each subject I walk around the house for like 2 minutes then got to the next subject.

At around 10.30pm I'd finish and turn on play on comp until 11.30ish then go to sleep..

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
im trying to summarise everything we learn in class in seperate books and try to elaborate on some of the points from textsbooks and crap..

it's kinda working, i guess. i don't really study for that long, i have a job - and that takes up a fair amount of my time, and im a hopeless procrastinator.. not much is really going for me.

bowl of lollies - keeps your blood sugar levels up and keeps you thinking and alert!

s0k0y0e0

HSC
Thanks for all your ideas/opinions on what you do! It's not cause I don't know what to do, just wanted to see what other people did, see if I did similar things or whether I was just some random person doing weird things?! :confused:

Thanks! :)

HSC
I tried typing my notes out for eco and modern history but it just doesnt work for me. I think hand-written notes are way better for learning. I think I should write my notes out on the computer, just to get all the ideas under dot poits nice and neatly adn then write notes so it sinks in.

A lamp is a necessity! If you do not have one, get one! It just keeps me so much more alert, it really makes a difference.

Music?? Yeh, sometimes....not too loud though... ;)

Anyway people, goodluck in your exams! I have Italian, ext 1 Maths, ext history and SOR 1 next week.

Maybe I should be studying now, eh!

lislabella

sunshine
HSC
music is the key

i was told...and i don't do it but i should... that you should hand write your notes and then read them four times. don't read them on the day of the exam if you don't know your stuff by then... well there really is no point.

ooh and if you listen to some form of music it makes one side of your brain work better (i dont remember which) but anways the concept with the music is that it helps you remember - which is why commercials use music as well as text. very scientific :O

think the pizza hut phone number (nine four eight one double one double one) or medi bank private - i feel better now
NB... i don't think singing your notes is advisable

llamasohee

HSC
dont study at the moment but plan to stick to a timetable next term

llamasohee

HSC
lislabella said:
i was told...and i don't do it but i should... that you should hand write your notes and then read them four times. don't read them on the day of the exam if you don't know your stuff by then... well there really is no point.
sif... reading notes at the last moment is so crucial... especially if u havent done any work the whole term. had 4u maths test today and would of failed if i didnt read notes this morning

lislabella

sunshine
HSC
llamasohee said:
sif... reading notes at the last moment is so crucial... especially if u havent done any work the whole term.
reading a few notes before a text is only going to help you remember a few things, you are better off to KNOW your notes - IF you do then you will be confident and do better in the test.

s0k0y0e0

HSC
I have to agree with both of you :uhhuh:

I think SOMETIMES it depends on what subject it is :) I mean sometimes if I have a few things I still need to learn before an exam I can learn them before it and then know them; but in other subjects (like maths) it hard to get something in your head just before an exam with all the adrenaline running through your body and your heart going at a million miles an hour... :rolleyes:

Anyhow; KNOWING your stuff is definately a great way to succeed in an exam; but sometimes a quick look over your revision notes before going into an exam can also work wonders?? :confused:

Guess it's just what works best for different people?! :)

Budz

HSC
I guess reading ur notes and craming the morning beforee the exam can only help u in the exam however in the long run its bad.
I guess i study by writing notes on syllabus dot points and readin through them adn write them out over and over again
type them up
and record them
.... pretty nerdy lol

s0k0y0e0

HSC
^ My friend at school for legal studies recorded herself saying laws for legal studies; and listened to them while she was sleeping a couple of nights before the half yearly exam and on the morning of it!

I think it's a good idea; I plane to do it this term coming for Legal and maybe for Indonesian! :uhhuh:

Anyone else do this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)