• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

how many hours a week? (1 Viewer)

gh0stface

HSC
guys, how many hours of 4u are we suppose to have each week for school. i get about 2 hours each week, and i dont fink its enough.

EDIT: also, if im the only one doing 4u, how would it scale? ill be ranked both 1st and last.

thanks

Last edited:

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
I had a maximum of 2 afternoon lessons a week in extension 2 maths, equivalent to a max of 2 horus a week in the subject. And then some weeks there might be only 1 lesson or I might just not go to a class at all. But with extension 2 maths, you really do need to work at it outside of class time, otherwise you just won't go anywhere with it at all, no matter how much class time you spend on it.

If you are the only one doing it, then basically your mark is dependant only on your performance. So you go well and you'll do well, you fuck up the exam, you fucked up the subject. You determine your own fate here.

HSC
N/A
gh0stface said:
EDIT: also, if im the only one doing 4u, how would it scale? ill be ranked both 1st and last.

thanks
ur hsc mark would be ur school mark, or about the same :)

ur assessments dont matter!!! only the hsc will...

any1 confirm this is the case... im pretty sure.

in ruse, we get 10 timetabled lessons of mathematics a week for 4u + 3u course. a lesson is approx 42 mins, about about 2/3 of the time is spent on 4u, other time is spent on 3u.

does that answer ur qu?

if u dont think its enough... get some tutoring then!! like me:
http://community.boredofstudies.org...99-90-estimate-maths-2-3u-phys-chem-only.html

even tho im reluctant to teach 4u (because a lotta ppl who do 4u SHOULD BE doing 3u, and i dont like teaching those types of people who ARENT capable), i will teach 3u to 4u kids!

Foxodi

HSC
We have nearly 2hours a week inclass of work.
Out of class I just do pretty much every 2nd question in textbook (and studying when assessment is coming up..... like tomorrow... kk bye)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
We have the same teacher for 4unit,3unit and 2unit, so we do blocks.

But basically, 7 hours of maths a week, so that could be 7 hrs of 4unit if we're doing a 4unit topic, or 7 hrs of 3unit if we're doing a 3unit topic.

So far, we've done Complex in one week, series and sequences and we're moving on to calculus.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Let's see, we get 80 minutes in one week abd around 2h in another, which is dreadful for Extension 2.

I dedicate around 3-4h a week for 4U. I just do every second question from my HW textbook, and then go onto Cambridge and Terry Lee for further practice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)