• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

how much money have you spent on study guides, tutoring, study camps etc.? (2 Viewers)

Raven3333

Jerk
HSC
I've been tutoring a girl in economics since the start of year 12 and i get paid $60 an hour and do 2 hours a week, so:

60*2*45(roughly) =5400

Also i know she is tutored for all her subjects so:

5400(approx)*5= $27000

But then again if I lived in a $5m house and drove a porche I'd probablly pay that much for my kids as well.

samwell

HSC
abt $200 on tutor. went for a very short while and buying some books and stuff of abt $100 lawl

itadakimus

procrastinator
HSC
Um I've only bought a couple of textbook so that's prob $200. Two of them were school one's but I just didn't want to carry them back and forth xD
I don't really like tutoring so.. yeah.

Prosper

HSC
Dr.Chau said:
Mate, I've never had a tutor and I'm beating most of the people in my grade who have had tutors all their lives.
I had to get an English tutor towards the end of year 11 cause I'm horrible at English and my teacher doesn't help in that regard either.

Before that, I had never had a tutor and I went to O.C. and Selective High School so yeah....

TurkStyle

HSC
i got to a school ranked 450 or something in the state

so i get some maths tutoring for like $1800 which is not much to pay cause i would be paying a cool 15 grand if i went to a private school

0 on extra books for year 11 but will be paying a bit for year 12 books (eg. $25 for excel physics today)

HSC
Deltan said:
Isnt 10hrs normal for people that attend selective schools for subjects such as maths 3,4, unit, chem physics and english?

are you implying that everyone in a selective school gets tutoring?

i don't, but i'm one of the very few, so i would say you're fairly correct.. 95% of my grade is tutored for at least one subject

tutoring has become so bad in my school that you're no longer advantaged from getting tutored, you're disadvantaged if you don't have a tutor because everyone else learns everything prior to learning it in class (particularly in maths) so the teachers just brush over it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)