• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How much work is Year 12? (1 Viewer)

enoilgam

HSC
The difficulty of the HSC is ultimately up to you and your aims. If you want or need a high ATAR, then the HSC can be extremely stressful and alot of work. However, if you just want a half decent ATAR, then your HSC years are pretty easy going and relaxed. Given that you only want to do primary teaching, aiming for a high ATAR is unnecessary and a waste of time/effort.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
IT'S CRAZYYYYYYYYYYYYYY LOTSSSSSSSSSSSS OF WORKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK(_$*#)*e)e(*)we*$)%*)$(%*)$r*
Same, I spent year 10 researching for subjects and getting advice from BOS :p

So how work is year 12? At least 2 hours a day on each subject???[/
You seemed stressed.

Protract

HSC
Yeah, luckily I don't have parents that try to push you into getting a 99+ atar and getting into medicine. I know many of my fellow Yr 10 students whos parents are like that. Mine just want me to do my best, that's all anyone can ask of me.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Yeah, luckily I don't have parents that try to push you into getting a 99+ atar and getting into medicine. I know many of my fellow Yr 10 students whos parents are like that. Mine just want me to do my best, that's all anyone can ask of me.
Best approach to the HSC.

OmmU

★ BoS Deity ★
HSC
Uni Grad
If you don't care about your mark it is easy as all hell. The real question is, how badly do you want to succeed?

Bad? = Lots of study.

Don't care? = no study

Protract

HSC
Yeah, I've never cared too much about school work from Year 7 to now, sometimes I'm sleeping in class, daydreaming, not studying much for tests, can I ask if the SC matters at all? If you don't do well, can you repeat Year 10, can it affect the courses you will take next year?? Like do I need a band 6 in my School Cert to do Ext 1 Math??

enoilgam

HSC
School certificate is pointless and a waste of time, added to the fact that it is near impossible to fail. One of my best mates was getting like 28% in 5.1 Maths and he ended up with 65 on his SC. Unless you fail every subject, then you are unlikely to repeat.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Sc doesn't matter at all, you're doing the HSC lol Oh and my school never let Yr 10 marks specifically stop someone doing a course, they advise against it. (And they didn't base it on Sc externals but their recommendations on externals). ANd why the hell would you repeat Yr 10? To fail Yr 10, you would seriously have to not turn up for half of it. Although to be doing Ext 1 math, I expect you should be able to easily score a high Band 5/Band 6 in SC with ease unless you're willing to put alot of work into maths,

I sense well you'll be able to get a 70+ ATAR. For comparison sakes, I know people who did absolutely nothing the entirety of schooling and get high 50/low 60s ATAR.

What subjects have you selected for next year?

Protract

HSC
I think you can only repeat if you Get lots of N awards and don't hand in an assessment, I have handed in all my assessments so far:)

Protract

HSC
Um Ext 1 Math, still don't know what English I should do, Physics, Chem (I have decided to do both), and Ancient History and one 1 Unit course, and it's certainly not going to be Studies of religion cause I find that extremely boring.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
^Ew no SOR, do a cool one like Marine studies!

Cool choices :)
I remember doing that when I was in Year 9-10. We had to buy fishies and raise them. Three of our ones passed away and there was only one left. The teacher got to keep Cinnamon as none of our group had a fish tank at home.

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
To be honest, I think I've done less work in Year 12 than I have in previous years.

jnney

lemon
HSC
Lol. Don't worry, you won't need to stop all your co-curricular activities or what have you. Everybody still uses Facebook etc. Perhaps you may go out less with your friends, that's all. If you do a lot of sport or have a lot of hobbies, it really comes down to your ability to time manage everything, i.e being organised.

You repeat when you get 3 N-awards, and only in that particular subject, not your whole year again.

clissold

HSC
I'm only in Year 10, and you would think I shouldn't worry about this now but I do, because time goes by very quickly, and in roughly a year and 3 months I will be an HSC student. I remember last July/August, and I cannot believe how recent it feels and it's already been a year. How much work is it?? Or does it depend on your subjects? Also aren't trial HSC exams just practice tests? Do they go towards anything?? I haven't been bothered studying for the SC because I find it sooo easy, so I've just been spending my time researching on my subjects, looking at past papers of them, and on this forum.

So how work is year 12? At least 2 hours a day on each subject???

Okay so you are in Year 10, no need to stress about the HSC.. yet

And the key to success, as many other have said, is consistency..

Other than that, its pretty chilled ayyeee :)

K

khorne

wtf is this? lol. Depending on your natural ability etc, you can get away with 0 hours a night easily until the trials, then just study a bit. HSC isn't some amazing hard test to push you to the limit. It's a basic progression. If you're not a dumbarse, it's simple.

HSC
Uni Grad
Push it to the limit!
Walk along the razors edge, don't look down just keep your head or you'll be finished!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)