• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How to apply for Uni? (1 Viewer)

RANK 1

HSC
ok, can some1 run me through the Uni application process as i have no idea how this works, thx

mecramarathon

HSC
you put your uni course in order of preference :/

and be aware of early deadlines for courses that require things other than ATAR e.g. auditions, STAT etc..

K4M1N3

HSC
What about things like early entry or scholarships? When can those be applied for?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
when do i apply before i get my atar or after
You get your ATAR after you apply. You apply now, you get your ATAR in December or something.

What about things like early entry or scholarships? When can those be applied for?
Early entry? Just put your preferences down on the UAC website before the date set by your university. For scholarships... that's usually a case by case thing, so check with the university for that.

HSC
N/A
Depends if you want to go to a Uni in QLD or in NSW.
If your going to a QLD uni you apply through QTAC , and through UAC if ur going to a NSW uni ... Each university is different but you apply for Uni generally between Aug - Sept unless your a rich guy and can pay for the late fees. You have to also find out if you have to apply online or not as some Uni's have totally switched to online applications.
At the moment QTAC and UAC are just finishing up for those who applied to go to uni half way through the year , but start looking in late July because some universities are open then.
There is a limited number of uni's you can apply for in QLD and NSW i think NSW is upto 9 uni's and QLD is less but i dnt know how much.
If you want Early Entry you have to find out what number you have to put your course to get that for example my local uni will only allow Early Entry to those who make their course first preference but you can also apply for another uni who doesnt mind if you put their course as second or third preference and you can get into two uni's via Early Entry
:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)