• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How to structure a King Lear response? (1 Viewer)

rsingh

HSC
How do you structure a KL essay?

I have no idea! Please help?

Thanks in advance!

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
whatever way u want
u can talk about anything
theres no specific things u need 2 talk about

just try and answer the question
same deal with all other essays
intro
body
and conclusion

in intro n conc make sure u refer back to the question

stace.

Yeah, its no different to any other essay you dont need to structure it differently just because it's King Lear...Just like Joe said: Intro, body and conclusion.

Best of luck!!!!

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
but i think what rsingh means is whether you should write it a certain way to be more superior to a normal essay. because i have to admit that different modules will require one to write a different type of essay.

for example the concepts for each module is different. that is why there a different modules such as my set.

comparative study
critical study of lear for shakespeare
telling the truth
journeys essay

each is different and the essay requires different needs.

comparative asks you to compare two different sources with techniques, concepts or other viable stuff that can be used in the essay.

critical essays need you to study the text critically and show contextual and responder value within your essay. this can be shown through readings or other language techniques to back up your views, or the views of the different readings.

telling the truth i havent started yet, so meh.

journeys you just need to show reflection on what a journey means to you through literary techniques your prescribed text, bos stimulus and any other related material.

note the differences that are in each. i agree that it follows the 123 step formula of intro, body and conclusion. but it is deeper than the surface.

hope this has helped you :D

rsingh

HSC
Yeah, wrong_turn gets the gist of what I'm talking about. i was wondering if you could further elaborate on that, giving specifics on structuring a King Lear essay and where exactly to include themes and readings/interpretations/productions.

I'm also stumped for an intro!

Thanks in advance!

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
well i havent finsihed lear yet. but i have a general idea that you have to use the different readings to derive the contextual valuesthat are used. however,since this is critical study of text, you have to use techniques to back you up.and therefore you will be looking at protrayel of different scnes and scenes

here is what is needed when you do module B:
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=68175

bascially in my opinion at the moment,
intro: interpret your question and explain what you wil discuss as in every other essay
body: topic sentence on a type of reading
quotes
meaning
link to the question
quick summary of what you had discussed so as to lead on to your next reading that yo may use.
generally, you should include about 2 different readings,or youmay vary this a bit if you want to as well.

conclusion: your normal conculsion for an essay.

hope this is able to help you with your essay for lear :D

Tuna

HSC
N/A
It looks like you are stuck, maybe this will help me during to hsc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)