• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How well do my subjects scale? (1 Viewer)

mirakon

nigga
HSC
I'm planning to take the following subjects in Year 12 and want to know if overall they scale well:

Extension 1+2 Mathematics (accelerant so will finish in Year 11 so there will be enough space in timetable to fit the rest)
Extension 1+2 English
Chemistry
Physics
Modern History+History Extension

Thanks!

ashllis92

HSC
I'm planning to take the following subjects in Year 12 and want to know if overall they scale well:

Extension 1+2 Mathematics (accelerant so will finish in Year 11 so there will be enough space in timetable to fit the rest)
Extension 1+2 English
Chemistry
Physics
Modern History+History Extension

Thanks!
Are these subjects good for scaling... it's the equivalent of asking whether a 99.95 ATAR is any good... having said that, they scale well because you need to work hard in them to get the good marks ... I don't think modern scales amazingly but as long as you go fairly well it certainly won't hurt your ATAR

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
You are set for 99+ easy. Keep up the work.
How is he set for 99? Just by picking his subjects? Gee, I never knew getting 99+ was so easy.

OP: They're good subjects scaling wise, however, getting complacent will kill you. Getting 85 in Phys and Chem loses to getting 98 in Business Studies.

ashllis92

HSC
You're welcome, but like I said, they are well scaled because they're hard to achieve great marks in! Don't just think "Ah, they scale well, now I can just sit back and chill" Or you will go crap. End of story. Good luck
Thanks for the rep btw

saberbladexx

HSC
Scaling:
Ext2 maths= Godly
Ext 1maths=Extremely good
Ext 1+2 English= Very good
Chem+ phy=good
Modern=alright
Extension history=good

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Thank you very much everybody for your help, I truly appreciate it. However considering my subjects, I agree with all of you.

Better start studying like mad right now.............:read:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)