• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

HSC SDD exam.... (1 Viewer)

well are ya read for the HSC SDD EXAM?

• Total voters
HSC
yeah i believe your claim is legit as I have a mate who has a similar problem,

but i don't care what you say, typing is always going to be more efficient than handwriting unless you haven't used a computer before (isn't computing mandatory for yr 7 and 8 yet?)

The only handwriting they have to do is drawing pictures (eg. dataflow diagrams)

HSC
isnt that one easier than evolution of programming languages? im doing evolution :( so much theory

treelovinhippie

<this space for rent>
HSC
hmm, I'm planning on learning the entire course from the beginning in the next few days :D ... well I haven't been taught anything, thankfully a lot of the questions are common sense if you've got some tech in you.

I think I'll be relying on some of the awesome notes I've found on here.

switchblade87

HSC
That's dodgy, you get extra time for bad handwriting. People in our year just get reader/writers, and don't gain any more time (I think). Such a disadvantage.

As for the test, I didn't answer because I really haven't gotten into the hardcore revision of the course yet, its my last exam, and I have 5 days between it and the exam before (PDHPE). Those 5 days will be when I revise.

aaaman

Banned
HSC
Anti-Mathmite said:
Damn "Software Developer's View of Hardware". I was a way for a week when the teacher was teaching it, but i am yet to sit down and teach myself the last 5/7 of the chapter. And the other chapters i'm not too fantastic on either. It will be my hardest test by far.

lol Software Developer's View of Hardware is a bludge option topic i swear, i wish i was tested 100% on it :rolleyes:

HSC
treelovinhippie said:
hmm, I'm planning on learning the entire course from the beginning in the next few days :D ... well I haven't been taught anything, thankfully a lot of the questions are common sense if you've got some tech in you.

I think I'll be relying on some of the awesome notes I've found on here.
i recommend you 200% you use as many sources as you can, youd be surprised how much more can be found

and i also recommend you do everything in order except leave implementation last, its tricky and can demoralise you, if its the last topic though youll be mor eencouraged to do it knowing you only got that topic to go

aaaman

Banned
HSC
Anti-Mathmite said:
Damn "Software Developer's View of Hardware". I was a way for a week when the teacher was teaching it, but i am yet to sit down and teach myself the last 5/7 of the chapter. And the other chapters i'm not too fantastic on either. It will be my hardest test by far.
sif that option topic is da hardest, its a bludge topic :rolleyes:

switchblade87

HSC
aaaman said:
lol Software Developer's View of Hardware is a bludge option topic i swear, i wish i was tested 100% on it :rolleyes:
aaaman said:
sif that option topic is da hardest, its a bludge topic :rolleyes:
Why did you quote the same quotation twice on two different days? AND with the same smilie...

StevChe

HSC
my aim for sdd is 65% if im lucky :( i never was meant to be in it! but nothing else was on the line. To top it off my teacher was retiring this year and he didnt care at all about us. We learnt nothing. In the trials i got 52% scaled and that was 3rd.. I dont no how to write algoritms and i hav no idea about programming besides visual basic.. i dont understand all we do is practical in vb and we get tested in pseudocode... its totally fuked.. the whole course is pathetic and i hope it dies :) it would make me feel better...

aaaman

Banned
HSC
StevChe said:
my aim for sdd is 65% if im lucky :( i never was meant to be in it! but nothing else was on the line. To top it off my teacher was retiring this year and he didnt care at all about us. We learnt nothing. In the trials i got 52% scaled and that was 3rd.. I dont no how to write algoritms and i hav no idea about programming besides visual basic.. i dont understand all we do is practical in vb and we get tested in pseudocode... its totally fuked.. the whole course is pathetic and i hope it dies :) it would make me feel better...

u can still use the hsc advice line, they know what 2 do

HSC
my teacher thinks they'll probably ask us to make BNF/EBNF or railroad diagram since they haven't ever, and the interpreting questions in multiple choice are getting harder so it might just make the jump into section II :O

coolio2005

HSC
N/A
Casmira,

If you need help with anything, whether it be past papers or whatever, feel free to give me a buzz.

HSC
will do :D my brother is doing computer science as well so i'll have dual help!

HSC
anyone finding through past papers that such a vast variety of questions are asked, and rarely anything is directly related to the syllabus is asked?

aaaman

Banned
HSC
Casmira said:
anyone finding through past papers that such a vast variety of questions are asked, and rarely anything is directly related to the syllabus is asked?
only the multiple choice questions are related since SDD is very subjective and too young for us to detect a pattern

DeanM

HSC
i am screwed for SDD... its going to pull my uai down soo much... my gf and i started off trying to teach the course to ourselves, but both got killed in the trails (everyone else in my class did aswell).. then we kind of gave up...
my plan is to re-read the notes i made... read the chapter summaries from the text book, do the excerices in the text book,and look at a past paper.. anyone suggest any other ideas ?

HSC
i studied off the notes of SDD Sam davis / SDD carole wilson / sometimes Sam Fowler Hienemann SDD and my teachers notes

the only questions you can really d ois past papers, you dont have time to do book excersises, its not likely they'll ask you book similar questions because they're easier questions, they are there for you to get a overall understanding expanded knowledge of the course ... if you really are short on time just do pure past papers, whatever you dont know the answer refer to book, you dont have time to summarise the entire course its way too big

mattchan

HSC
Casmira said:
Agree. The questions are so ambiguous and theres a million scenarios they can fire at you.

HSC
I havent seen any consistency except for the contstant asking of social and ethical issues, they seem to think we're all unethical :O

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)