• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

HSC stress- does it get any better? (1 Viewer)

Suz D

HSC
Hello! So I am currently doing the HSC and will be finishing term 2 soon. Term 3 is just a few assessments and trials. I have been very stressed throughout term 1 and some of term 2.

Right now, I was offered a position at our city's Theatre company for Mamma Mia. I absolutely love performing and haven't been able to do it for a long time due to Covid 19. It's also a great opportunity for the field of work I want to be in. I wouldn't be a main role but it still would be a big commitment. On top of that, the final performances are in October, when the HSC will be. I really want to do it, but I don't want to add more stress.

I am just wondering, for any past HSC students, does the stress get any worse after term 2 (the assessment period)? Also, if anyone has any advice pls...

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
stress levels are proportional to what your atar/post hsc goal is. They will vary for everyone.

If you reckon you can get into your course/whatever your goals are without too much sacrifice then you might as well accept it

Keep in mind you also probably wouldn't want to be studying for a full day consecutively during hsc period because that's just sad. In my opinion, your theatre production will help balance it out.

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Alternate pathways my G. Don't stress too bad. Should definitely take up this opportunity sounds like good fun and a way to relieve the stresses IMO. Keep your head up. Almost crossed the line just a matter of time.

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
Hello! So I am currently doing the HSC and will be finishing term 2 soon. Term 3 is just a few assessments and trials. I have been very stressed throughout term 1 and some of term 2.

Right now, I was offered a position at our city's Theatre company for Mamma Mia. I absolutely love performing and haven't been able to do it for a long time due to Covid 19. It's also a great opportunity for the field of work I want to be in. I wouldn't be a main role but it still would be a big commitment. On top of that, the final performances are in October, when the HSC will be. I really want to do it, but I don't want to add more stress.

I am just wondering, for any past HSC students, does the stress get any worse after term 2 (the assessment period)? Also, if anyone has any advice pls...
Hi!!

The level of stress really depends on the individual similarly to what @B1andB2 mentioned - it really depends on how you handle stress.

If you're on the right track right now, especially in terms of studying and revision, then you should definietly consider it. I say this because you did mention that it is also parallel to the field of study you want to pursue, so I think this definitely helps you gain hands on experience early on, and it will also look great on your resume. I think its also important to consider that since if (most likely) it's something you're passionate about, then it will be able to help you balance some stress. Taking care of your mental health is very important during the HSC (and always of course), so it's really important you're balancing between study, actually taking a break, and looking after yourself.

All the very best!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)